Author Topic: Error on start and missing folder  (Read 2383 times)

Offline MGoods

Error on start and missing folder
I recently downloaded freespace from the development thingy (I think it's cvs, but I can't remember right now) and compiled it on my laptop, however the moment that run the exectuable it gives this error:

ERROR: "Could not load in ChoosePilot-m!" at ui/window.cpp:237

I did some looking around on the forum and found something suggesting that ChoosePilot-m is an image which should be in a folder called "interface" (which I can't find)

I then tried using the latest release (downloaded source from source forge) and compiled that, did the same thing and got a different error:

ERROR: " Web cursor bitmap not found.  This is most likely due to one of three reasons:         1) You're running FreeSpace Open from somewhere other than your FreeSpace 2 folder;     2) You've somehow corrupted your FreeSpace 2 installation;      3) You haven" at graphics/2d.cpp:1526

I get the feeling that it's error 1 because I used --prefix when I did ./configure and nothing got written to the directory so I ignored it and ran the exectuable from the /code directory, but I can't find anywhere else to put it.

Can anybody help me here?

I use debian linux.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: Error on start and missing folder
The main problem you have is that you don't actually have freespace! :p

What you have is the executable. If you have the game installed somewhere put the executable in the same folder and run it. It should work then. If you don't have it start here or here.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
No I didn't. It's included in the first link.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline MGoods

that would explain it.

Unfortunately when I tried the links in the second link they either didn't work anymore, or my firewall decided they were proxy servers so I can't get at them (It's a firewall I can't change or get out from behind right now), and when I used the installer it was 'done' within 30 seconds, and downloaded nothing (probably because my firewall decided that they were being gotten from a proxy server, I think) :mad:

If you know of any others which probably wont be mistaken for proxy servers then I'd apprechiate it, otherwise  I'll just have to wait till I get home.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
No I didn't. It's included in the first link.
OK, your right, soz... I see you just linked to the windows version, I was expecting java... I'll go sit in the corner for awhile.