Author Topic: The craziest thing you ever did in a flight-sim...  (Read 5159 times)

Re: The craziest thing you ever did in a flight-sim...
Trying to make a looping with a heli...

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
I think it was lightning 3... I had teh f-22 at ceiling pointed straight up (so I wasn't moving anymore) and I launched all my missiles one at a time and jsut watched them drift away sideways still pointing away from earth but not gaining altitude!

"Flay damn you, be free!!!" :D

Incidentally, do any of you guys know how I can extract those various flight sim models (or if that's even possible)??? I have 2-3 I wanted to use in FS but I can't get a hold of the authors (no reply)... and I can't seem to find a conversion program anywhere.

"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I think I managed to get caught in my own nuclear bomb blast in F-22 Lightning 3 once.  That's about the only interesting thing I did with it, since I couldn't even manage to dodge a single missile. :p

And after the loop with the heli was accidently blowing up the refeul plan when I got a chance for a hands-on.... the man didn't look all to happy.

some flight sim enthousiast (who are most of the times very old (50 years!) even wear pilot suits and helmets...

Offline Bob-san

• Wishes he was cool
  • It's 5 minutes to midnight.
What would be fun in a flight class is to fly around and pull a number of loops and stuff.
NGTM-1R: Currently considering spending the rest of the day in bed cuddling.
GTSVA: With who...?
Nuke: chewbacca?
Bob-san: The Rancor.

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 (latest edition)

Decided to do some hot dogging around the Crimea map with a Ta-152H.  Flying along at 2000m I noticed a large road bridge down at my 2:00 so I headed over that direction.  Once I was roughly above it and flying with the river I rolled over, nosed down, full engine power with MW50 boost enabled, and headed straight for the ground.  At 500m I initiated the quickest pull out possible and came straight along the water at no more than 50m, passed beneath the bridge and then pulled the stick back and went back up.  At this point I looped around and did the move two more times.  An absolute rush!  Especially with the Ta-152H's huge sailplane like wings and the tight spacing with the bridge :D
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline Bob-san

• Wishes he was cool
Nice. First BtRL demo of the forum, I think. I'll play it tonight! I hope its not april fools joke... its a ~400mb file

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
Nice. First BtRL demo of the forum, I think. I'll play it tonight! I hope its not april fools joke... its a ~400mb file

It's not. It's quite good, too.

Offline Bob-san

• Wishes he was cool
I cant download it anymore... the stupid download won't work correctly. Anyways, anyone else did something crazy in a flight sim?

Offline brozozo

• Used to be d3r3k.
    • MySpace
I think I managed to get caught in my own nuclear bomb blast in F-22 Lightning 3 once.  That's about the only interesting thing I did with it, since I couldn't even manage to dodge a single missile. :p

I only played the demo for that game, but I did nuclear bombing runs constantly. Man, good times.

Offline Bob-san

• Wishes he was cool
Can you find the game anywhere? I like modern air combat games... I have F-16 MRF, but I've heard alot about F-22 Lightning 3 from long ago...