Author Topic: The whole HTL concept  (Read 2311 times)

Offline nubbles526

• MODerate MODder
The whole HTL concept
Right, since I don't visit this part of the forum very much, I also don't get the idea behind HTL. Therefore, I bring up a couple of questions:

1. What is HTL? What does it stand for?
2. If I download a RAR of a HTL model, what do I do inside the content?
    - Example: I want the Apollo HTL inside, but it doesn't it doesn't include a table. So what do I do? Just get the table from the FS1 vp? And where do I put the contents? (.ibx, .dds etc.)

THE APOCALYPSE PROJECT IS LOOKING FOR MEMBERS!!! SIGN UP AT:
The official forum | The official website

"Only a braindead idiot would take that post to mean that I'm planning on taking legal action on anyone and without cause or reason." -Derek Smart

Harsh words, Derek. Harsh words. And what do you get? No liscence, no FreeSpace, only some stfu from HLP. That is legal.

STEALTH AIN'T DEAD!!!!
A complete rewrite of the FS2 quotes!
HLP Cards! Click here to make one of yourself!

The original FreeSpace 3 wishlist!

Find the MOON challenge!

Your very fist dive....

Offline Koth

• Join the NTF! We have cookies!
Re: The whole HTL concept
1. Hardware Transform and Lighting
2. .pof files in to the models folder, .dds and other textures in maps and .ibx in the cache folder
Do you want the HTL Apollo to be in FS2 or FSport?
The Signature is a Nuke!

Offline nubbles526

• MODerate MODder
1. Hardware Transform and Lighting
2. .pof files in to the models folder, .dds and other textures in maps and .ibx in the cache folder
Do you want the HTL Apollo to be in FS2 or FSport?

Both, if possible, please

THE APOCALYPSE PROJECT IS LOOKING FOR MEMBERS!!! SIGN UP AT:
The official forum | The official website

"Only a braindead idiot would take that post to mean that I'm planning on taking legal action on anyone and without cause or reason." -Derek Smart

Harsh words, Derek. Harsh words. And what do you get? No liscence, no FreeSpace, only some stfu from HLP. That is legal.

STEALTH AIN'T DEAD!!!!
A complete rewrite of the FS2 quotes!
HLP Cards! Click here to make one of yourself!

The original FreeSpace 3 wishlist!

Find the MOON challenge!

Your very fist dive....

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
a lot of HTL models are set up to be plug and play, in that they should work with the original tables, you just place the model in the model folderant the textures in the maps folder and unless they added something to it, it should just work.
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

If you want the Apollo in FS2, create an TBM file in your modfolder/data/tables folder.

Create a tbm file called: Apollo-shp.tbm (name doesn't really matter, its the -shp and the .tbm that matters). Copy the apollo entry from the FSPort to that tbm file, and you are not done!

Since you will need to edit the appollo's weapons!

Just go to $primary banks (and $default primarybanks, $secondary banks, $default secondary banks), and look at all those weapon names! they are all FS1, so you will need to change them to FS2 ones, feel free to add or remove entries at will, as long as it are FS2 weapons only.