Author Topic: Going on the Run, GTA style  (Read 2451 times)

Offline Roanoke

Going on the Run, GTA style
Anyone find it's sometimes more fun to be a general nuisance than do the missions in San Andreas ?

Started at Cj's house, grabbed a Glendale and headed for the bridge near Flint Intersection. This was before doing any missions so as I swam alongside the blocked off bridge I picked up a 4star wanted rating. Grabbed the monster truck in the small compound and went for a merry chase through back 'o beyond before arriving at the woodyard in Angel Pine.

Grabbed the flatbed truck and headed up the mountain (forget what it's called). Got jimmy-jammed about 2/3rds of the way up between 2 plod SUVs. Grabbed one and made it to the top. Fired Cj off the top and abandoned car about half way down. Fluked the timing and landed on a ledge as the car dissapeared into a river. The police chopper had spawned under ground with just the rotors showing so made it back to the top with no fuss (laughing at police SUVs and Swat trucks bonuced over the side of the mountain). Grabbed another Police SUV and fired Cj off the other side. This time I landed in the river near the Scrap/Builder's Yard. Grabbed the cement truck (being chased by a "proper" police chopper). this flipped almost straight away and CJ was pushed for a while before it started to burn. Stole a redneck's tractor (all there was, and she turned vigilante and tried to deck CJ with police all around). made it to the outskirts of San Fierro by staying off the main roads (towing a police SUV for part of the way).

Here I stole a Security Van and headed up the mountain to the radio mast. Got there and grabbed a Yosimite Pick-up. Fired that off the hill to the highway that runs along the western coast. Caused a pile up and grabbed another Glendale. This started burning almost straight away as I was surrounded by coppers. Managed to steal a police car and headed north up the western coast of San Fierro. Made it all the way round, dosging SWAT roadblocks and swapping cars as they got too damaged. Made it to the small cargo depot near the Airport. Grabbed the armour, crossed the road and grabbed the roadtrain truck and attached it to the trailer (there was only the chopper at this point, all the cop cars were in the bay). Handy knowing where car's and items spawn.

Headed west and south on the western highway. Here an oncoming Police SUV got a lucky hit and pushed CJ toward the sea as the truck hit a crest, launching it to the air. Abandoned truck mid-flight and grabbed a Linerunner and headed south back to Angel Pine. At the petrol station, just outside the Angel Pine Highway, I grabbed a Rancher SUV and carried on along the coast heading east and then north. Stole a Sanchez scrambler bike and head back into back 'o beyond. Had another merry chase but then misjudged a crest and CJ fell off the bike, right infront of a SWAT truck. Grabbed it as the SWAT Fellas piled out. That started burning almost immediatley as the laid into it. Got out under pursuit but got killed as the cars around the truck went boom.

Lasted about 40 mins and I was getting bored by then. Still, it was a laugh
« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 04:55:43 pm by Roanoke »

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
Re: Going on the Run, GTA style
Your color emphasis makes me want to not read your post.
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline Roanoke

'sure I can live with that.  :doubt:

Offline Agent_Koopa

• These words make the page load that much slower.
And I can live with the colour emphasis. Jolly good show, Roanoke. We expect more of your merry adventures soon.
Interestingly enough, this signature is none of the following:
A witty remark on whatever sad state of affairs the world may or may not be in
A series of localized forum in-jokes
A clever and self-referential comment on the nature of signatures themselves.

Hobo Queens are Crowned, but Hobo Kings are Found.

Offline Roanoke

I've now do the Ambulance bit so I've now double the energy to play with.  :drevil:

Offline Scuddie

• gb2/b/
  • I will never leave.
Mt. Chiliad is the name you are looking for.
Bunny stole my signature :(.

Sorry boobies.

Offline Nix

• In the morning!
    • Minecraft
Yes indeed, as mentioned before, this game could keep you busy for a long time.  There's oodles of stuff to do, even not related to a mission, or even searching for the items and such, like horseshoes, or the graffiti tags. That, and the soundtrack is actually good, compared to the previous games.  Vice's was good, but 3's was a little lacking (cept for the MSX station, very nice using Moving Shadow's 00.1 mix there).  I hope for GTA4, that Timecode @ Moving Shadow (or anyone signed) would contribute another DnB mix for a station.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
I think I notched up 100 hours (and more fatalities than the Iraq war) on GTA:SA.  It's a good game.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Design and coding masterpiece if ever I saw one. After a while you forget how amazing it is and take it for granted. It takes a post like that to put it back in perspective.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Roanoke

I find the other great time killer is the Vigilante sessions in the Apache. I can play that for hours.

Removed the colour tags too. 'tis okay it only took me 49 minutes to put all that in  :blah:  ;)

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
Removed the colour tags too. 'tis okay it only took me 49 minutes to put all that in  :blah:  ;)
I liked it better with the colour tags. Put 'em back in! :p

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Design and coding masterpiece if ever I saw one.

Except for the Daley Thompsonesq gym stuff. After 2 tries I completely ignored that ****.

But yeah SA was very, very cool.  Prefered VC as a setting though. Maybe it's cause I like the 80's music better.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]