Author Topic: MPCapship mod  (Read 2736 times)

Offline Qwer

• If it bleeds, I can mod it
Around two weeks ago I had idea of making MultiPlayer mod where you could fly capital ships (cruisers, corvettes, even destroyers). At first I thought the only change will be allowing for flying capships from retail without any other add-ons, but soon conception developed. Currently I'm in stage of brainstorming with two very good modders and MPers from polish FS scene so I can't tell you what exactly it'll feature yet. What I can tell is that it'll use a lot of SCP-given abilities, prehaps even some scripting and will invole modification of dogfight, TvT, cooperative and most likely even singleplayer mode. First version which you can expect to be released in something around two weeks will invole probably only "simple" TvT modification, however there will be second, much bigger release later.

Currently I'm looking for someone with free time avaible and skills in modelling as I'll need to modify some FS2 Retail capships. Actually anybody who wants to help with development, no matter with what, can either contact me or post here.
If in your opinion there's no difference beetwen "Master Game" and "Game Master", I can only feel for you.

Offline Dysko

Well, you already know I can help with tables.
I'm particulary interested in this because I've just started my multiplayer career, and this look extremely interesting.
My aviation photography website: GolfVictorSpotting.it

Offline Qwer

DD - tables will be done by me, but you still can help by giving ideas for mod. ;)

BTW I've decided that this mod will be released in parts (something like Nukemod, more exactly I'll make 1-3 ships+stuff for them and release part by part) as it would be too hard to make it so fast and in two releases only.
If in your opinion there's no difference beetwen "Master Game" and "Game Master", I can only feel for you.

Offline Qwer

So is there anyone who wants to help? It's been a month and nobody have shown interest in this mod. :sigh:

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
You're not the first person to suggest a capship mod and so far those who have come before you have either failed to produce or have pushed out a mod that isn't that much fun except as a novelty.

You'll have to show that you've managed to come up with a way to make it fun to play before people will be that interested.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

HI, i think your idea is quite interesting!

i'm actually organising every friday evening lan games, as we can't afford retail games and anyway i m a fs2scp fan , i organise freespace mp.
the problem is : I got 12 computer and team game are 8 player limited, so i thought about something to bypass this limit :

we have 2 team of pilot (bomber and interceptor) for each team we have 1 commander (experimented player )who  joined the game as observer (lincked with player by teamspeack) his objective is to coordinate and to help his teammate with key (yes i got 80% of noob player and only one team on 4 could take down cap ship!)

For your mod i was thinking about the voice recognition released already made by someone on this forum :
why not  use voice recongition to order the capship as a captain (adama style  :cool: ) would do in many sf movie or series? and bring up teamgame cap to 12 player (10 pilots and 2 commander)
i think it would looks great!

something like :
"Push the engine to 30% of its power!"
"pitch up 30° now"
etc....

if you can do this , you ll have hte CAPSHIP mod! imho
$Formula: ( every-time
   ( has-time-elapsed "0" )
   ( Do-Nothing
   )
   ( send-message
      "#Dalek"
      "High"
      "Pro-crasti-nate"
   )
   )
)
+Name: Procratination
+Repeat Count: 99999999999
+Interval: 1

Offline Qwer

Unfortunetly I've abandoned works on this mod due to lack of time, so this topic may be closed/deleted.