Author Topic: Planets  (Read 4259 times)

Could you fly into an atmosphere with trees and stuff????  

------------------
FreespaceMaster
FreespaceMaster

Offline Stryke 9

• Village Person
    Reset count: 4
I've done it. It's not the trees, it's that damned GROUND!  

FreespaceMaster

Offline Stryke 9

• Village Person
    Reset count: 4
Only when bongaleroed, my newbie friend. This ain't I-War. Which had sucky planets, too. There was, at some point, an atmospheric mod, but it was either of inferior quality or was never completed, because I haven't really heard of it in a while...

Offline Ulala

• Groooove Evening, viewers!
I dont think it was ever completed IIRC.
I am a revolutionary.

Offline LtNarol

• Biased Banshee
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/the158th
only in the Babylon 5 mod can you physically crash into a planet, even then, there are no trees and the planet looks blurred even when you're 50,000 meters away.

------------------
158th Banshee Squadron www.geocities.com/sgchicken  
Into the Night Campaign www.geocities.com/ltnarol

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
wel, we have the Macross island, in the robotech mod:

That's a work in progress pic.
SCREW CANON!

i'll make sure that detail down a all the hot dog stands are included in the next relase of our planet, im sure itll run at 30fps or more    

------------------
The Babylon Project 2D Art / Texturing / Model Setup / Experimentation and Implementation

NEWBIE'S GUIDE TO THE VBB:

Enable Beam-free-all.

Offline LtNarol

• Biased Banshee
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/the158th

Offline ZylonBane

• The Infamous
Umm... LtNarol, there's this thing called "sarcasm", y'see. It... well... ah nevermind.
ZylonBane's opinions do not represent those of the management.

Offline JR2000Z

For some computers, it would be lucky if it can run at all.

Good work by the way.
I finally destoryed the Shivan armada and all I got was this lousy T shirt.

BIG problem with all planet battles, or even ones close to a space station or large ship- the AI is moronic and will attempt to fly through whatever the large object is. Kinda ruins the effect.  

Offline JR2000Z

Can you destroy the planet?

That would be something to see.
I finally destoryed the Shivan armada and all I got was this lousy T shirt.

Offline Corsair

• Gull Wings Rule
*Shivan Death Star approaches Capella*
Alpha 2: Get me outta here Command!
*Trench run scene from Star Wars ANH plays and game ends with Millenium Falcon pumping proton torpedoes into the Sathanas in order to save the Colossus and Capella*
hehehe...could somebody make a MOD of the Death Star and then reskin it to make it look Shivan? That might make for an interesting mission or campaign...not saying that I could make but still
Wash: This landing's gonna get pretty interesting.
Mal: Define "interesting".
Wash: *shrug* "Oh God, oh God, we're all gonna die"?
Mal: This is the captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Offline Thorn

• Drunk on the east coast.
  • What is this? I don't even...

Originally posted by ZylonBane:
Umm... LtNarol, there's this thing called "sarcasm", y'see. It... well... ah nevermind.

Its kinda hard to convey sarcasm, or any other sort of emotion for that matter, with just text....
Thats what the smileys are for.
Oh wait.. he used one...

I've thought of doing a Shivan death star before... I just lack modeling equipment (The Actaeon was done with some that I had availible for an extremely temporary period of time.) It would be roughly spherical, about 100km or so across, have huge engines in the back, and be very spiky.  

Also, I thought it would be cool if it traveled WITHOUT the aid of subspace, at least intrasystem... it just accelerated up to massive speeds. Imagine a mission where you watch a 100km-wide spheroid go flying past at half the speed of light.  

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?

Originally posted by Sushi mk. 2:
I've thought of doing a Shivan death star before... I just lack modeling equipment (The Actaeon was done with some that I had availible for an extremely temporary period of time.) It would be roughly spherical, about 100km or so across, have huge engines in the back, and be very spiky.  

Also, I thought it would be cool if it traveled WITHOUT the aid of subspace, at least intrasystem... it just accelerated up to massive speeds. Imagine a mission where you watch a 100km-wide spheroid go flying past at half the speed of light.  

well, you wouldn't see anything at that speed  
SCREW CANON!

Offline ZylonBane

• The Infamous
Of course you would. Just not for very long. And then the gamma radiation backwash would kill you.  
ZylonBane's opinions do not represent those of the management.

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp

Originally posted by Sushi mk. 2:

What would you need a ship for then?  Just make a bunch of 1 km long engines that ram planets.  I guarantee it won't take many to cause catastrophic damage to anything on the surface.
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Originally posted by Shrike:
What would you need a ship for then?  Just make a bunch of 1 km long engines that ram planets.  I guarantee it won't take many to cause catastrophic damage to anything on the surface.

Well, if we had more Newtonian physics, then stopping them would make for one heck of an intercept mission!