Author Topic: Freespace screensaver?  (Read 2727 times)

Freespace screensaver?
Alright, i remember having a bugged freespace screensaver a year ago...and i was just wondering if i could have it again. Can someone send me a link? Thanks in advance

P.S. i know it doesent work in XP, but i think i outta try it in compatibility mode for windows 95, if not just keep it for historical reasons.
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Re: Freespace screensaver?
You mean the one on Freespace Watch? I got it working. Forget what I did though.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

i have no idea. i THINK i got it off of planet descent or www.decent-network.com, but i remember it was a bunch of 2D ships beaming and shooting each other and fighters wissing by with missles and you could add a supernova to it.
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline takashi

• Better than TrashMan
freespace2.com?

whatever....

they don't got it on there anyway
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
i have no idea. i THINK i got it off of planet descent or www.decent-network.com, but i remember it was a bunch of 2D ships beaming and shooting each other and fighters wissing by with missles and you could add a supernova to it.

Yeah, that was on Freespace watch. It semi-works for the XP.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

how does it semi-work?
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Sometimes the weapon effects wouldn't work, sometimes the sprites looked ****ed, sometimes it didn't work at all.

alright, can i have a link regardless? cause decent network won't work for me.
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
http://www.angelfire.com/scifi/thekenny/screenshots.html

Found it while trawling for that art piece I'm looking for :)

angelfire wont let me download it...
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
right-click, save as.

:snipe:..... that works???................................i'm such a noob....

.......but, what do i do? click on the exe? cause i just get a error. is that what makes it uncompatible?

BTW, i use firefox, which uses "save link as...." will that work?
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Yeah.  (last question)

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
does anyone know how to fix this, it looks cool!
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Wow, I need one hour to open that page!!!
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]