Author Topic: where is the main campain  (Read 5019 times)

Offline vamitul

where is the main campain
i'we just installed fsport (using turey's installer) , but all i got listed in campaigns room is the main freespace2 campaign and  Silent threat.
help?!?

*hides from anti-noob bombs*
In 1807 Dracula was feeding with the blood of young virgins.
We are sorry to report that in 2007 Count Dracula was found dead in his mansion, due to extreme starvation.

Re: where is the main campain
In the launcher, go to the Mods tab, and choose your fsport folder.  :)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Where's he getting ST, though?

Offline vamitul

hug.. i did. it's kinda wierd. alos, i got the hi-res interface, but it doesn't work.
We are sorry to report that in 2007 Count Dracula was found dead in his mansion, due to extreme starvation.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
The FS1 campaign is called "The Main FreeSpace Campaign" and the FS2 campaign is called "FreeSpace 2".

Offline vamitul

well... i don't have "The Main FreeSpace Campaign". and i thin i know why. would someone with more experience than me check this link out??
http://www.scifi3d.org/downloads/fsport/releases/fsport-missions.zip (form the project's website). also, i got the training missions, but they are not listed either.
thanks.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Therr training missions are part of therr main campaign, that's why.

Offline vamitul

ok. i think someone linked the wrong mission files on the port's website.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
The mission files are linked correctly.  Hundreds of other people have downloaded and played the main campaign without problems.

Furthermore, if you are able to select Silent Threat, then you're able to select The Main FreeSpace campaign -- they are included in the same mission pack.

Perhaps you should read the campaign description more carefully.  If you post a screenshot of the campaign room, I can circle it for you in bright red magic marker (or the MSPaint equivalent).

Offline vamitul

ok. fixed. can't wait to get home to start playing.

don't use the installer ;)

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
*smack*

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
don't use the installer ;)

What do you have against it?

*smack*

Hey, be nice.
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Hey, be nice.

But I'm a Turey fanboy.  (& hip63, too... among others.

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
But I'm a Turey fanboy.  (& hip63, too... among others.

I appreciate it, but I'd personally be much happier if you tried to act this nice a bit more often.

Just because someone's got a problem with something you like, don't snap at them.

Hell, if I snapped at everyone who's complained about the Installer, it wouldn't be nearly as nice as it is today. Instead, I listened politely to their complaints, and see if they have a valid concern. Many times, they turn out to be right, and I have a new feature/fixed bug in the Installer.

For example, I recently got this PM:
Hi Turey,
The current version of the FreeSpaceOpenInstaller 3.6.9 Final Sexy GUI is not able to handle "NOAUTO" correctly. The bug occurs when trying to download any mod from http://www.axemspace.com/files/install/axem.txt (which contains the "NOAUTO" keyword). This file list contains: "FreeSpace 2 Single Player Demo", "Just Another Day" and "Just Another Day 2: Electric Boogaloo" mods. The download just hangs at trying to download "NOAUTO" as URL.
I've fixed this problem already in the InstallerSection.java file by inserting the following lines:

else if (line.equals("NOAUTO"))
   {
      // Just ignore this keyword
   }

after line number 247 (after the "RENAME" keyword).
This allowed me to download and install the mods without any problems.
Regards,
Mr. F

I don't know whether it was the fact that he offered a fix for it (which, for some reason, really irked me) or what, but I was ready to fire off a nasty response, on the order of "I've tested it extensively, it works fine, I don't need your help with my code, etc." However, I held off on replying. I thought about it, a small doubt entered my mind, and I went and tested it. Guess what? He was right! It didn't work! I quickly thought about using his fix, but it was kind of hackish. With a bit more investigating, I found the real cause of the problem (The method to return to the start of the section didn't account for NOAUTO correctly...) and got it fixed.

If I had snapped at him, I'd have looked very foolish when I finally found out he was right... and many more people would have been affected by this bug.

In summary, if someone doesn't agree with you, ask them why, then think over their answer. Don't snap.
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I like snapping. It's nice.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
In summary, if someone doesn't agree with you, ask them why, then think over their answer. Don't snap.

Hmm.  I guess my meaning didn't carry through correctly.  I meant *smack* in more, ah... brotherly way.  Like you'd smack your brother if he's (in your opinion) being stupid.  Not *smack* as in, pulverizing someone's face.  I'd never do that.  (Well, unless it was warranted... luckily, I've never had to... which is a good thing, because I don't know how :lol: )

@-Josh-  Sorry for the miscommunication *punches Josh's shoulder*

@ Turey: thx for not snapping at me ;)

I like snapping. It's nice.

Not for the person on the other end.  But you're right, it does feel good to do... but we're nice here, remember?