Author Topic: Huge Sound Problem-Plz Help!!!  (Read 2313 times)

Offline Zeoran

Huge Sound Problem-Plz Help!!!
I've had FS2: Game of the Year edition for a while and it played fine under Win9x and Win2k.  I recently decided to take on this awesome game again running WinXp Pro.  Thing is, the game starts fine, runs fine, but whenever speech starts to happen, the sound gets all staticey and stays that way.  And when I exit out to the main screen, even the background music starts getting static.  I have an SB Live Plat 5.1 with the latest drivers and of course, Directx 8.   Please help?  I can't play this game with the sound going so bad.

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
    • http://nodewar.penguinbomb.com/forum
I used to get that. I think it's when the processor is overworked the sound gets jolted.
"I.....don't.....CARE!!!!!" ---- an0n
"an0n's right. He's crazy, an asshole, not to be trusted, rarely to be taken seriously, and never to be allowed near your mother. But, he's got a knack for being right. In the worst possible way he can find." ---- Yuppygoat
~-=~!@!~=-~ : Nodewar.com

Starwing

Wasn't there something with the sound options? Using the wrong option caused sound problems. Try something else, DirectSound should work.

Offline Black Sheep

• Wannabe Composer
Yeah...deactivate EAX...it never worked good for me...(means I didn't get any 3D sound...only mono).
"Something is rotten in the state of Denmark"
-Hamlet rulez

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
EAX works fine for me; 3D beam and flak sounds with headphones rule!

Offline Zeoran

I did try disabling EAX and it didn't make any difference.  It's not a skipping of sound like with cpu max'ing, but rather a severe "static" whenever voices are played.  

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
That's bad...my SB Live started doing that...turned out it was broken  
-C

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
Get an Audigy  
"Going too far and caring too much about a subject is the best way to make friends that I know."
- Sarah Vowell

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
*Drools*
-C

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
Envy me!
"Going too far and caring too much about a subject is the best way to make friends that I know."
- Sarah Vowell

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Is there a big difference between the Live and the Audigy? (enough to warrant an upgrade)

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
double post

[This message has been edited by CP5670 (edited 02-11-2002).]

Offline Odyssey

• Stormrider
I can't really help much, but I keep having the same problem, and my PC shouldn't have it. All I do to fix it is change the Display from Direct3D to Glide. Works perfectly. See, having an outdated Voodoo card has its uses  

I can't help other than that, sorry. Try going to settings and asking it to detect the sound card again. Sometimes works, sometimes doesn't...

EDIT: I'm very particular about apostrophes...

[This message has been edited by Odyssey (edited 02-11-2002).]