Author Topic: Lone Sol  (Read 7763 times)

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
Well, it only takes 2 Vasudans..
"Going too far and caring too much about a subject is the best way to make friends that I know."
- Sarah Vowell

Too right!

------------------
'Well thats a switch'
PTE Hudson
Aliens
-------------------------
AKA Corporalpingree at the VBB.
'Well thats a switch'
PTE Hudson
Aliens

Offline Raven2001

• Machina Terra Reborn
  • Im not the droid your looking for, move along

Originally posted by CmdKewin:
 hey...     was just a quote... never played "Star Control"?    
*Sad Animal* means, in orzese,
"People who do get in the way of others mysterious plans"...
and that was quite correct, in my case...     btw, if you want any help...

http://www.classicgaming.com/starcontrol/sc2/

http://www.netzone.com/~aymi/starcon/orzspk.html

Oh, damn! Sorry I got mad, I had no idea  

Yes you could help me! Please send me an E-mail with stating your abilities, and if possible, a bit of work of yours, so that I can level you up, ok? thanks  
Yeah, I know you were waiting for a very nice sig, in which I was quoting some very famous scientist or philosopher... guess what?!? I wont indulge you...

Why, you ask? What, do I look like a Shivan to you?!?

Raven is a god.

This topic has sort of died!
Give me more ideas guys!!!
Since you know best!

------------------
'Well thats a switch'
PTE Hudson
Aliens
'Well thats a switch'
PTE Hudson
Aliens

Offline Raven2001

• Machina Terra Reborn
I would give you ideas, but I would give away mmy story!!!   LOL

And I don't want that... when I send you my plot, you can imagine something from it, to you (yeah, but don't take too much   )
Yeah, I know you were waiting for a very nice sig, in which I was quoting some very famous scientist or philosopher... guess what?!? I wont indulge you...

Raven is a god.

Hey Raven, are you saying that Lone Sol is a bit like yours?
If so i would be willing to scrap it and merge my plot ideas with yours since you appear to have more support then me?
It's just an idea!

------------------
'Well thats a switch'
PTE Hudson
Aliens
'Well thats a switch'
PTE Hudson
Aliens

Offline Raven2001

• Machina Terra Reborn
I didn't say that your plot is something like mine.... I don't believe that they are even about the same!! Mine treats about the returnal to earth only in the begininning, cause its going to get MUCH more sinister... mwahahahahaah!!!!!

but well.... maybe, since you problably will be working with me, we can work something out... send me an E-mail with your complete plot. By the way, have you received my last E-mail?? You haven't replyied to it yet...

Raven is a god.

Sorry mate, been busy lately with A levels, will get round to writing a response for you.
Is it me or is this forum a bit dead?
Mind you, we have over 400 registed users!

------------------
'Well thats a switch'
PTE Hudson
Aliens
'Well thats a switch'
PTE Hudson
Aliens

I have been away for ages!
I am back now, so i'm bumping this topic back to the top to get some new input.
Cheers
Dave

------------------
'Well thats a switch'
PTE Hudson
Aliens
'Well thats a switch'
PTE Hudson
Aliens

Offline LtNarol

• Biased Banshee
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/the158th
ok, about the shivans and nodes, in capella, there is a well known theory and one which the good admiral petrach even suggested: that the shivans destroyed the capella star in order to create a jumpnode and jump out through it.

------------------
158th Banshee Squadron http://3dactionplanet.com/hlp/hosted/the158th/  
Into the Night Campaign http://3dactionplanet.com/hlp/hosted/the158th/itn/

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue

Originally posted by LtNarol:
ok, about the shivans and nodes, in capella, there is a well known theory and one which the good admiral petrach even suggested: that the shivans destroyed the capella star in order to create a jumpnode and jump out through it.

Yeah, I heard about this, too. It seems that by making the Capella go nova with their subspace field, the juggernauts made the immediate area around the star into a GIANT jump node (this node might have been roughly the size of Earth's orbit in diamater) and jumped out through it.

As to where that "giant node" led to is anybody's guess...
REPUBLICANO FACTIO DELENDA EST

Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."
--Su-tehp, while posting on the DatDB internal forum

"The meaning of life is that in the end you always get screwed."
--The Catch 42 Expression, The Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier: Steadfast

Offline TheVirtu

• Firedancer
    • http://autoassault.edgegaming.com

Originally posted by Su-tehp:
Yeah, I heard about this, too. It seems that by making the Capella go nova with their subspace field, the juggernauts made the immediate area around the star into a GIANT jump node (this node might have been roughly the size of Earth's orbit in diamater) and jumped out through it.

As to where that "giant node" led to is anybody's guess...

The Secret Bosch Beer Factory in Shiva! Why else do you think they captured Bosch? They needed the recipe  

------------------
Head of the Coming Beyond Campaign for FS2.
Thirteen years after Capella, beginning in Tau Sigma, aboard the GTD Messana... A deadly alliance of races appears for the reason of the destruction of the GTVA as we know it. Can you stop the coming of Beyond?
Project Leader of the Ascension of Beyond Campaign
"There was a time of peace, this time is over, peace will be paid for in blood."
Site Director of the Auto Assault Outpost- http://autoassault.edgegaming.com
Site Director of the Darkspace Connection - http://www.3dap.com/darkspace
Former Webmaster of i82.co.uk - Shut Down 2/12/03
"If HLP wants your developing, they'll promote you to Senior Engineer, now shutup and focus!" - Shi
Think of the Coke machines! What did they ever do to you![/b]

Offline diamondgeezer

Perhaps this is not such a great scenario for a campaign, but here goes:

Orion and a few back up cruisers/whatever jump into Sol. The guvnor orders the appropriate hails to be sent out on all channels. They wait for half an hour, but no response from anybody. Even hours of long range sensor sweeps pick up nothing moving.

A course is laid in for Earth and the jump is made. When the Orion finally settles into orbit, the crew can't get a reply from the planet or the Moon. Sensors detect no orbital platforms or satellites at all, and no functional electrical systems down below.

After a few hours, just as a mission to the surface is being prepared, a weak signal is picked up from the planet. After being filtered and boosted in every way conceivable, the crew of the Orion can just make it out...

"If you're hearing this, you've got to get out! NOW! They're comming!*static*.........." or words to that effect.

And then either:

1> 'They' appear
2> The expedition attempts to find out what happened
3> The expedition is never heard of again. Command sends another scouting party, which also disappears, followed by an entire GTVA fleet. Not one ship makes it back. Command closes the node until further notice.

Or whatever else seems appropriate... hmm, I think I feel a piece of fanfic comming on... better go lie down a while...