Author Topic: Just Another Day Development Blog  (Read 83552 times)

Offline Axem

• Administrator
Re: Just Another Day Development Blog
He's breaking the review embargo! Get him!

Say farewell to your account Spoon, it's been nice knowing you~

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
BETA TESTERS, UNITE
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Axem

• Administrator
Well I'd like to show more stuff off but... stuff really gets going after that last batch and I'd hate to spoil anything so... Let's take a look back a bit instead!

I compiled this neat graph of JAD as a whole, showing mission filesizes, events and objects (I just excluded the VN missions from JAD2.2x since they're always very small). In classic JAD there was just 1 mission above 100kb in filesize, and by time we get to JAD2.23, all of them are above 100kb!

And I was organizing up all my FreeSpace files and found old batches of screenshots, from 2010 until now. And that's just about when I started work on JAD2.2x so enjoy the very very first three development screenshots!

Good to see over the course of 9 years, literally nothing has changed at all.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
I'm amused that the mission with the smallest filesize manages to be the one that can make me laugh every time I play it.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker
    • My old squad sub-domain
I expect greatness by Christmas
Your friendly Orestes tactical controller
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png