Author Topic: Newbie Help: Wrong Weapons in Bearbaiting  (Read 5170 times)

Offline Euth

*** Wrong Weapons in Enter the Dragon ***
Hello everyone,  I am new here to the forums. 

Unfortunately I am having the exact same problem MT has described, namely, when I begin "Enter the Dragon", my ship has only 10 Interceptors and no guns! (none!)

Now here is the strangest part: if I play an old mission in the simulator, and select, say, "Gun A, Gun B, Missile C", for this mission, and then quit this simulated mission, then re-try "Enter the Dragon", I'll begin with A, B, and C!... so I have some ability to "over-write" the guns I'm able to start the mission with... but the major problem is, I can't find any prior simulated mission that lets me select the powerful disruptor, or the prometheus, because those guns aren't available in any mission up til now.

Should I just keep trying the mission repeatedly using a regular disruptor (via my "weapon over-writing" method), and try to disable Arjuna 1 that way?  Because I have tried the mission this way many times and can't beat it... and something tells me this over-writing method is just going to make my problems worse in the long run (I don't want to have to do this for every mission past the Dragon one).

So I really need some help on how to fix this... but from all the discussion it sounds like my pilot file is corrupt :( 

Unfortunately I do not have a backup of this file, I guess I now know to keep backups!!!!! (What is the pilot file even called anyway??)

Thanks for any info on this --- am new to Freespace and am enjoying the FSPORT greatly (even with this bug the game has been great).

- Euth

Hmm, I had that recently, only in FS1 port with "Enter the Dragon". I had a older save file so all I did was to use the older one to get past it.

If the mission allows you to arm the wings, you can use the reset button to "repair" the error right?

Offline MT

Re: Newbie Help: Wrong Weapons in Bearbaiting
:welcome:

Someone else can give the welcome speech.  :D

Hmm, I think karajorma might be able to help you by creating a mission file. Are you playing the original FS1 or the port?

Personally I find the D Advanced a pain in the behind to use due to its slow firing rate.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I don't know FS1 well enough sadly. I never got around to compiling a similar table to the one I made for FS2 which helps me know when to allow ships and weapons.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
I bet Gooby knows, though... I'll PM him...  EDIT: done.

Offline Euth

Hi MT, I am using FSPORT (all files downloaded from FilePlanet about 5 days ago) and running FS2_Open 3.6.9.

Maybe I should just try my 'weapon over-write' method and go after the 'Dragon' fighter w/ the regular Disruptor... :)

PS: thanks for the HUGE welcome you displayed in your post, haha... that image hurt my eyes

:welcome:

Someone else can give the welcome speech.  :D

Hmm, I think karajorma might be able to help you by creating a mission file. Are you playing the original FS1 or the port?

Personally I find the D Advanced a pain in the behind to use due to its slow firing rate.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Call in Delta wing. :p