Author Topic: Fredding my own mod  (Read 6445 times)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Debriefings aren't that hard to understand. The game looks at the every single stage. And it plays ALL of them that evaluate to true. A lot of beginners make the mistake of thinking that it only plays the first true one it finds or they don't quite understand which ones are going to evaluate to true but it's quite simple once you have the hang of it.

Suppose you have a mission where you have 2 enemy ships and you win if you kill either and get a bonus if you kill both. Many people would do this.

Code: [Select]
Stage 1 :

when
-is-destroyed-delay
-Big Bad Enemy Ship

You Win!

Stage 2 :

when
-is-destroyed-delay
-Not So Big Not So Bad Enemy Ship

You Win! (a bit)

Stage 3 :

when
-is-destroyed-delay
-Big Bad Enemy Ship
-Not So Big Not So Bad Enemy Ship

You killed both ships. You double Win!

However this is not the correct way to do things. If you kill both ships you'll get all three messages. If you changes the messages to

Code: [Select]
Stage 1 :

You killed the Baddzors!

Stage 2 :

You killed the somewhat Badzors!

Stage 3 :

You cool!

Then it works. The skill lies not just in making the trigger but also in realising how often that trigger will play. In the above case the mistake was not realising that all 3 could play at the same time.

From the sounds of it you've added an AWOL debrief stage (Good! I hate it when people forget those!) but not realised that there are other occasions it will play cause the trigger isn't correct. 
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline lefkos

• your Hardstyle music producer
aah yes i understand it a bit :D
hmm.. lets give it a try then :)
The only reason why the AWOL thingy is ingame is because i readed your FAQ els i was forgotten that one to  :nervous:
« Last Edit: July 01, 2007, 10:37:24 am by lefkos »
Music is an expression of our inner creativity.