Which game did you enjoy most?

Freespace 1
15 (37.5%)
Freespace 1:Silent Threat
0 (0%)
Freespace 2
25 (62.5%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author Topic: Which game did you enjoy most?  (Read 3919 times)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Re: Which game did you enjoy most?
The atmosphere of FS1 was better. To be honest FS2 kind of disappointed me.

Offline BS403

• I'm just sitting in my Cave.
FS1 had great atmosphere and great missions. In Fs1 the shivans were more powerful then us and we didn't know anything about them. In FS2 they were just like so what its just shivans. In the end even though there were 80 juggs, the game failed to inspire any fear or suspense. In FS1 you didn't know what was going to happen until the last mission, In FS2 you know exactly what would happen.

oh yeah, i didn't really like beams, the capship battles ended too quickly.
http://woogleville.myminicity.com/

Homer: Aw, twenty dollars! I wanted a peanut!
Homer's Brain: Twenty dollars can buy many peanuts.
Homer: Explain how.
Homer's Brain: Money can be exchanged for goods and services.
Homer: Woo-hoo!

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Well put, BS403, that's no BS.

Offline Nerhesi

Loved the beams. Loved the Capital ship battles.

Loves Fs2.

Still loved FS1 - but more so when I looked at back it from after playing FS2.

Still FS2 handsdown was more enjoyable. More tech, more missions, eye candy is amazing thanks to beam weapons and so is the deadliness of capital ships vs fighters. It just makes more sense (if you can say that about a totally fictitious game)

Sam w.

Offline Mad Bomber

• Booooom
FS2 was overall better, but like many here I liked the atmosphere of FS1 better.

Of course, combining the two is very intense. Downing Astaroths and Taurvis in an unshielded GTF Angel with TV-War era weaponry... :D
"What the hell!? I've got a Snuffleupagus on my scanners! The Snuffleupagus is active!"

FS2 was much more difficult then FS1 as well. Those anti-fighter beam cannons were such a damn pain for me, especially if im bombing. You need to keep moving and dodging them, since the beam cannons fire on your last known trajectory. Its why, in hindsight, if i was bombing i'd bring some trebuchets to blow off turrets before attacking a ship

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
Actually, if I'm bombing, I go as close to the ship as possible. Its easy for me to block the beams from the Fenris and Leviathian; I use the bridge to block the beam. I try to twist so that the ship itself blocks the beam. Difficult, but it gives me a hell of a kick.
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Actually, if I'm bombing, I go as close to the ship as possible. Its easy for me to block the beams from the Fenris and Leviathian; I use the bridge to block the beam. I try to twist so that the ship itself blocks the beam. Difficult, but it gives me a hell of a kick.

I think the sobek is the nastiest ship for a bomber to attack. It seems to be riddled with beam cannons and has no 'blind spots'. Underestimated badly IMO by other people. Its sleek profile means its harder for other ships to hit too. (Iceni kept missing in the first SOC mission, that was damn hard)

Offline Excalibur

• Forsee a new beginning.
FS2 because I haven't played the others.
His legacy will last until the beginning.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!

I think the sobek is the nastiest ship for a bomber to attack. It seems to be riddled with beam cannons and has no 'blind spots'. Underestimated badly IMO by other people. Its sleek profile means its harder for other ships to hit too. (Iceni kept missing in the first SOC mission, that was damn hard)

The Iceni killed me in that mission >.>

Yea, I think the Sobek is well designed, but, no blind spot? I think the Sobek is easily taken out if you hit it from behind. Because you usually use cyclopses for corvettes, it might take a while, but if you hit it from behind, i think the Sobek will be easier to take down, esp if you strip its rear firing defenses.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
I know better.  Shivans pwn.

But we all do. Because we're the almighty Alpha 1. :P
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

The Iceni killed me in that mission >.>

Yea, I think the Sobek is well designed, but, no blind spot? I think the Sobek is easily taken out if you hit it from behind. Because you usually use cyclopses for corvettes, it might take a while, but if you hit it from behind, i think the Sobek will be easier to take down, esp if you strip its rear firing defenses.

behind ? Its got 2 anti-fighter beams on its rear tail guarding its engines!

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
I think everyone here agrees that ST sucked.  :lol:  Oh, and FS2 was a bit scary... I knew the juggs weren't gathering around the sun for a tan, and I'm not exactly stupid as to what they were probably going to do.  (No, I didn't know, but I had a strong hunch... esp. with all that strange signals they were emitting... :shaking: )  And the Sath viewed from the front is a bit nerve wracking...  Not to mention when it fires its beams..)

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
behind ? Its got 2 anti-fighter beams on its rear tail guarding its engines!

*shrug* There are 4 bombers in a wing ...........

Plus, I doubt you fly in a straight line, and I wouldn't engage a Sobek or a Deimos without wingmen to help disarm its ar-- posterior.

ST = Silent Threat, I presume, and yeah, it sucks. The Hades didn't do dick except draw fire and let me experiment with the multitudes of beam weapons.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
I enjoyed FS1 better.

Colecampbell666 put it very well.

Well thank you  :P

And I'm not playing ST until ST :R comes out.

I liked FS more than FS2 for the simple reason that command had such a massive ego, along with my previous statement. : "The Shivans fought nothing but Great War relics. We'll show them what true firepower is all about!"

"OMG a big ship! Send a bigger ship. *Colossus goes boom*
« Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 07:54:48 am by colecampbell666 »
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
Actually, Command's ego was what made it nicer to play. Watching the GTVA get owned for being cocky is actually quite satisfying to me. I know, i'm sadistic.