Author Topic: Something I dont understand about Freespace  (Read 19107 times)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Re: Something I dont understand about Freespace
They led the Shivans in for studying and they got out of control?

(the GTI are retards with high IQ)

Maybe. That seems to be the whole idea behind the Hades project and the Joutenheim. A simple power grab using Shivan tech.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
They may have let the Shivans in through an unknown/classified Knossos. They were studying the Shivans in their own territory, until they got pushed back. They couldn't contain them, and they conveniently forgot to close the Knossos portals.

(the GTI are retards with high IQ)

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
My question would be:

WHY?

"Oh lookie! A super-advanced, highly developed alien race with an invincible superdestroyer! Let's invite them to come fight with us, especially considering our race is war-weary and at a stalemate against the Vasudans!"

:rolleyes:

They tough shivans will give them cookies (eveyone likes cookies)...which they did...if you cosider "hot death trough plasma burns" a cookie.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Which just proves my point that the GTI are retards with high IQ.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I have another theory...their IQ is low that in collapsed in itself and caused a singularity, coming from the other side, thus making them smart..... or...the other way around?

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
No their IQ became a singularity and sucked the Shivans in to GTA space.

I still think that the Lucifer was a rogue fleet.

Try this:

The remnants of the Ancients fled from Altair, they fled into a system beyond Ross 128, the node stabilized by a Knossos. They collapsed the Knossos after a covert group of Ancients within Ross 128 had disabled the Knossos, to prevent it from stabilizing the node.

(WARNING!! Really bad ASCII follows!!)

(covert Ancients) Ross 128 {Knossos}-----node-----{regular jump node} Other system (small fleet of Ancients)

(covert Ancients disable Knossos) Ross 128 {Knossos}-----node-----{regular jump node} Other system (small fleet of Ancients)

(covert Ancients) Ross 128 {disabled Knossos}-----node-----{regular jump node} Other system (small fleet of Ancients destroy node)

(covert Ancients) Ross 128 {disabled Knossos}/////node gone/////{Destroyed node} Other system (Ancients destroy node)

(covert Ancients die out/find others) Ross 128 {disabled Knossos}/////node gone/////{Destroyed node} Other system (Ancients move on)

(GTI enables Knossos) Ross 128 {disabled Knossos}/////node gone/////{Destroyed node} Other system (Shivans escape)

(Knossos is dest./de-activ./lost track of in Hades Reb.) Ross 128 {disabled Knossos}/////node gone/////{Destroyed node} Other system

EDIT: After leaving the system beyond Ross 128, the Ancients collapse the nodes to the system, thus sealing in the Shivans.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 08:32:57 am by colecampbell666 »
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
If the Shivans could in fact make jumps without nodes, the GTVA wouldn't have put so much effort into sealing off Capella later on.
Except that the Shivans apparently use a "nodeless" jump (or a jump using an unstable node) to bypass the Terran blockade in Antares just before "Enter the Dragon".

In one of the FS2 command briefings, Petrarch says that they came in without using any nodes. Although he then sort of contradicts himself by saying that "they are as dependent on nodes as we are."
Not exactly.  He says "Skeptics have argued the Shivans made intersystem jumps without using nodes..." and then he goes on to say, "However, scientists assure us this plan will work."

It's worded clumsily, but my interpretation is that there are hysterical people who think the Shivans can go from system to system without using nodes, and the more level-headed scientists correct them by saying that they are using nodes, just unstable ones.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
If the Shivans could in fact make jumps without nodes, the GTVA wouldn't have put so much effort into sealing off Capella later on.
Except that the Shivans apparently use a "nodeless" jump (or a jump using an unstable node) to bypass the Terran blockade in Antares just before "Enter the Dragon".

Or they used a unstable node...or a uncharted one.

It's not uintill the end of FS1 that command confirms shivans are dependant on nodes, so when the blockade was bypassed, they were not sure how....at that time...now tehy know.