Author Topic: Overlord  (Read 1442 times)

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Got this game today, and I must say, it's the most fun I've had playing a game for quite a while. The idea is not dissimilar to Dungeon Keeper, you are an evil Overlord who has been raised from his tomb to lead his minions to world domination, but unlike DK, it's first person, and you only have 'minions', though you have four different types, from Fighters to Flamers, to Ice Minions etc, and basically your horde follows you around the landscape attacking enemies, people, animals, buildings and vegetables indiscriminately at your command. One of the more amusing parts of the game is that Minions will pick up things they think are 'useful', but aren't too discriminating, there's nothing like leading a horde of gibbering maniacs wearing pumpkins on their heads to stop you from being taken seriously...

The graphics are well done, the gameplay is fun, and the voice acting is first class, the minions themselves are particuarly well done.

I'd certainly recommend checking this one out, first impressions are that it's a great game :)

http://www.codemasters.co.uk/overlord/index.php

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
It's Fable with minions.

A great game, but not exactly what I expected. The ending is very amusing story-wise.

Oh, and those aren't Ice minions, they're magic/water minions. :p
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Heh, I've played Fable, and whilst I can see the similarities, it's still well executed and fun, and the whole 'minion' thing is what makes it so much fun, particuarly in execution, there's nothing like seeing Sunflower stalks sailing through the air as your minions gibber and hack at everything in sight, also, sending them into a house is a giggle ;)

Edit: Is it me, or is the Head Minion voice-acted by the same guy who did Black and White?

Offline DarkShadow-

• Machina Terra
Played the demo, and I love it. There's nothing like looking at happily bouncing sheep, watching the beautiful landscape, and then ordering your minions to slaughter everything.   :drevil:
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, isn't 'Eureka!' but rather 'hmm....that's funny.'" Isaac Asimov

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
I've tried this aswell, bloody amusing indeed. The minions are the most fun I've seen in a while. One of my brown's had a bowl on his head (while 3 others had the pumpkins).

This is a game one can recommend to allmost anybody.
Habeeb it...