Author Topic: Release: TBP 3.4  (Read 87202 times)

Offline imchief

Re: The Babylon Project 3.4 / Final download link
Thanks for the info.  Tried it but game still crashes.  I get to the Splash Screen and the I get the windows error.  Any other suggestions?

Offline ajantis

Thanks for the tip. Dustbuster freed up an additional GB but still not enough. I only got 2GB free on my C: partition. I really don't want to reinstall my entire system just to enlarge my C: partition. I got more than enough space on my D: partition (still got 40 GB free). Do you know how to extract files from the msi package?

Thanks upfront.

hi,
to extract the msi under windows, write this in the execute programm in the windows start menu (dont know excatly how it call in the english windows version):

Code: [Select]
msiexec /a "source" /qn TARGETDIR="target"

for example:

Code: [Select]
msiexec /a "C:\TBP-Base-3_4.msi" /qn TARGETDIR="C:\Test\"

Mehrpack

Ok,

I unpacked the files like you described. Afterwards I just had to install "openal32" to correct the error messages and to be able to use open gl because the intro movies in direct3D are scrambled. But now the game just runs fine. Superb.

Thanks alot.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Thanks for the info.  Tried it but game still crashes.  I get to the Splash Screen and the I get the windows error.  Any other suggestions?

If you've already installed OpenAL, then select the debug build in the launcher, run the program, and when it crashes, post the last 10 lines of the Freespace2\data\ error log file (I forgot the name, but you'll know it when you see it)

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Since you guys have put up an archive only version of TBP Final you can expect more people complaining about problems running it under Direct3D. One of the things the installer does is set the correct registry settings so that the game automatically runs under OpenGL with appropriate settings.

If it hadn't been for that necessity I would have distributed TBP Final as a zip archive myself.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

If it hadn't been for that necessity I would have distributed TBP Final as a zip archive myself.

How's about an included .reg File with the correct registry settings in your rar archive?
So you can extract TBP, execute the .reg File and then start the launcher.

TBP 3.4 rar no install version with all extras

Shivan here, Shivan there, Shivan everywhere.

My english isn't very well, so sorry for a few mistakes.

FreeSpace Let's Plays on my Channel:
| The Great War | Silent Threat | Operation Templar | Silent Threat: Reborn | Shivans - Phantoms | Shivans - Echo Gate | Shrouding the Light: Origins | Shrouding the Light | Cardinal Spear | Cardinal Spear: Vega | Awakenings | The Destiny of Peace | Between the Ashes: Mefistofele

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
How's about an included .reg File with the correct registry settings in your rar archive?

Yes I really want to spend the rest of my life telling people how to use reg files. Good plan.  :nod:
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

So, what new stuff is included in this? First Ones?  :confused:

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Since you guys have put up an archive only version of TBP Final you can expect more people complaining about problems running it under Direct3D. One of the things the installer does is set the correct registry settings so that the game automatically runs under OpenGL with appropriate settings.

Should have just used the BtRL executables. They're basically 3.6.9 with a couple of bug fixes which shouldn't affect TBP in any way but they only run in OpenGL. The few people who actually need D3D could simply download 3.6.9 official.

Corrected registry settings are all well and good but we all know that there are a whole bunch of people who will run the launcher and go "OMFGBBQ! OpenGL! That's SLOOOOOWWWWW!" And then pick D3D.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Should have just used the BtRL executables. They're basically 3.6.9 with a couple of bug fixes

If I'd known about them I would have used them. With us being HLP's biggest most underappreciated mod though, I was never going to find out until after the event was I. Hell I even shipped 3.4 with the horrendous Vorlon Fighter mission save bug because I figured asking the SCP team for assistance would be a waste of time. I did my best with the limited time and support I had.

Offline imchief

Just for clarification:  Do I run in openGL or direct3d.  I am confused.   ;)

Offline imchief

Here is the error i get from the debug:

Warning: ships.tbl(line 99:
Warning: Unable to find [Terran] in species names list.

File:J:\src\cvs\fs2_open_3_6_9.final\code\Parse\PARSELO.CPP
Line: 657
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
    string_lookup()    find_and_stuff_optional()    parse_ship()    parse_shiptbl()    ship_init()    game_init()    game_main()    WinMain()    WinMainCRTStartup()    kernel32.dll 7c816fd7()

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Warning: ships.tbl(line 99:
Warning: Unable to find [Terran] in species names list.

File:J:\src\cvs\fs2_open_3_6_9.final\code\Parse\PARSELO.CPP
Line: 657
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:
    string_lookup()    find_and_stuff_optional()    parse_ship()    parse_shiptbl()    ship_init()    game_init()    game_main()    WinMain()    WinMainCRTStartup()    kernel32.dll 7c816fd7()

Ladies and Gentlemen,
we got a pre-3.4 ships.tbl!!!
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

(OT) A fatal error in the kernal file occurs when the path gets too long. Just an observation, not a bug report.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
we got a pre-3.4 ships.tbl!!!

Yes. You'll note the first post in this thread has one instruction. Just one. One I tell you. He couldn't even follow that.  :(

Offline imchief

My bad>  I thought the directory was gone.  You'll have to excuse me.  I am just a Jarhead elctronics technician.   :D

Offline imchief

thank you all!  It works.  Must play now. :yes:

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
@imchief:  Use OpenGL.

Offline Bigoudi

ok guy's im to testing raider wars wonderfull campain !!!.

some prob like disable mipmaping or in any warp gate is going hard lag >>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>> (forgot to say IN OPENGL mode user).

and im in mission after dream 7 or 8 litle prob game crash dont know if is a random windows crash or if is dead :\.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 04:27:43 pm by Bigoudi »

Offline Cyker

TBP 3.4 rar no install version with all extras

Thankyooouuu! :D

Leeching and Seeding as I type ;)

Perhaps a RAR installer would have been better... would be cross platform and spared you telling everyone to get an MSI unpacker (As opposed to clicking on said regfile, although I guess the regfile is not applicable to us Linuxen...)

But thus is a minor quibble; Thanks for all the hard work you put in!! ;) :yes:

Just the screen shots look totally badass... speaking of which I'm gonna go get my ass handed to me by the AI in the beautiful environment you've created once this finishes fetching... :P

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
I could not make the required registry alterations using a rar or a zip!

Why does nobody listen to me?