Author Topic: Can someone recommend a good keyboard / mouse combo?  (Read 4192 times)

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
Re: Can someone recommend a good keyboard / mouse combo?
Razer Copperhead and Logitech G15 -combo has worked for me for a while now and I'm definetly not complaining. Sure both of them are not the most cheapest ones in the market, and the mouse is wired (if you really are looking for a wireless), but these two are great pieces of equipment (except if you like playing FEAR/FEAR Combat, Logitech USB devices have a bad habit of making the game slow as heck. I know my G15 does... damnit).
Habeeb it...

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Ha, ha... the only time I look at my keyboard is if for some reason I'm not sure my fingers are on the home row and I can't feel the little bumps on the F an J .... I'm a touch typist.  ;7

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Razer Copperhead and Logitech G15 -combo has worked for me for a while now and I'm definetly not complaining. Sure both of them are not the most cheapest ones in the market, and the mouse is wired (if you really are looking for a wireless), but these two are great pieces of equipment (except if you like playing FEAR/FEAR Combat, Logitech USB devices have a bad habit of making the game slow as heck. I know my G15 does... damnit).

I don't think I had any problem with a G15 in that game. My brother used to play it a lot on my system. Not sure how a keyboard would make a game slow in any case. :wtf: Try updating the drivers for it and see if turning off the LGDCore/LCDMon background apps does anything. They aren't needed for the basic keyboard functionality.

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
Maybe they have released some new drivers since the last time I checked, but it was actually a real problem acnowledged by both the monolith and logitech.
Actually I guesss I didn't type it correctly... the game itself didn't slow down,  the controls did. The extra gizmos in G15 caused the controls to lag and the only way back then when I tried to look for it was to disable all the HID devices that were connected to the G15 from the Device Manager.
Habeeb it...

Offline diceman111

• Keep on playing Glottis, keep on playing.....
I have an Logitech MX1000 mouse and a G15 keyboard both is excellent, thinking of replacing the mouse but I really dont know
Flames Of War Chapter III - http://web.comhem.se/~u35702611

"If at first you don't succeed try a bigger thermonuclear weapon" - My philosophy on life

"I dont care if we smack it into her or smack it out of her just aslong as there's smacking invovled" - Max from Sam & Max Situation Comedy

I live in Sweden and before anybody ask NO we do not have polar bears walking on our streets thats Norway, we have penguins (Red ones with blue dots)

(These messages was brought to you by the people from DFWD (Diceman For World Domination))

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Hmm... for some reason, my mouse is a bit skitsy.. it jumps a little, like a wheeled mouse.  And my MS wheel mouse is actually more responsive... (well, I can change that via the settings, but with the skitsy/jumpiness I can't have it that sensitive).

Offline m

• Fear m.
Hmm... for some reason, my mouse is a bit skitsy.. it jumps a little, like a wheeled mouse.  And my MS wheel mouse is actually more responsive... (well, I can change that via the settings, but with the skitsy/jumpiness I can't have it that sensitive).

yay microsoft... jk

*runs*

-m
This is me; I'm always the same: Virus in the system; crash the mainframe.
Uprise; now fall in line.
Roll with the pack or get left behind.

It's a Masterpiece conspiracy!!!

-Taken from P.O.D.'s Masterpiece Conspiracy

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Eh?  M$ didn't really make that mouse, you turd.  Prolly was another company they screwed contracted the work out to.