Author Topic: Things you want to know about BWO but were afraid to ask  (Read 169772 times)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: Things you want to know about BWO but were afraid to ask
Do you want more? I've been talking to lots of modelers who might be interested.

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
    • http://www.shatteredstar.org
Quite a big gap between "might" and "have time to actually work on the stuff" - yeah, I'd probably be interested, though I would need to check the current status with all of our current modelers.

Offline captain-custard

• previously known as andicirk
  • one sandwich short of a picnic
you do realise that we no longer use vanilla ?
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

Offline wuu

That is something I really want to know, as a SOC wing will we get new capabilities for the fighters, like auto aim (not with all main guns) and auto repair for the ship hull.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 09:13:13 am by wuu »
Der Freigeist

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
I'm soo glad that i noticed the activity in this thread :)

BWO is one of those Campaigns i've been waiting for since sixth form...Please beat Machine Terra to release :yes:
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
You're not alone! :D
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
Are you secretly delaying release so that you can use 'longest development time for an FS campaign' as a selling point?

:p
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline High Max

• Permanently banned
;-)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 09:15:58 pm by High Max »
;-)   #.#   *_*   ^^   ^-^   ^_^

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
If BWO needs somebody to do glowpoints, normal and shine maps for their ships, I would be glad to help with this.
You can see an early example of my work here: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,62754.msg1257569.html#msg1257569
Also, there's a Karuna class frigate in background of BP website (It's slightly outdated though).
I'm also quite good at tabling (though in BP it's mainly handled by Darius and Fury, I only did turret angling and contrails for fighters) and I'm constantly checking SCP boards to keep track of new features.
If Darius agrees I can post most recent pics of some WiH ships, like Solaris, but it will not show entire glowpoint system, as I'm specializing in such things like glowpoints on rotating parts and running lights inside fighterbays, as well as position lights.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Just an addition. All BWO missions are essentially complete minus some additional late stage tweaking that will be required.  Our team is more in need of people who can handle textures, UV mapping, model conversion, and/or 3D model creation.
My blog

MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Raven2001

• Machina Terra Reborn
  • Im not the droid your looking for, move along
No, they probably lost interest, work a lot more in real life, and would like to pass it on to people like the BP team who are more active and will have time to work on it. Actually, I think they should give BWO to Gen Battuta and his team since they will probably get it done faster. :) I would like that and I hope for that. At least then it has a chance of getting released this decade or the beginning of the next.

HLP is full of members and many do projects and other things. I'm sure there are more than several people here willing to take over the work instead.

Actually no one in the team lost interest on BWO. We are however, busy with real life stuff.

Also, although I'm not in the main decision making board, I'm fairly sure we won't give the campaign away light-hearted.
No offense to Gen Batuta or BP (I haven't seen either work anyways, so I don't know if that's the case), but the other reason we have such a long development time is because we have set a high standard level in ALL departments of the campagin. And honestly, besides MT and the Freespace Upgrade project, I still haven't seen any other campaign out there with exclusive fleets of high quality models and textures.
There's 2 ways of going about doing full mods. We chose the hardest and longest ones, but with better benefits to everyone in the end.
Yeah, I know you were waiting for a very nice sig, in which I was quoting some very famous scientist or philosopher... guess what?!? I wont indulge you...

Why, you ask? What, do I look like a Shivan to you?!?

Raven is a god.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Good to know you're still progressing, my offer is always actual unless I state otherwise, so if you want somebody to do glowpoints, normal and(or) shine maps, just send me a PM.

Offline High Max

• Permanently banned
;-)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 09:16:22 pm by High Max »

Offline Darius

High Max, you can't compare development times for a mod which mainly uses publicly available assets to one which has built up its modpack from the ground up.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
No, they probably lost interest, work a lot more in real life, and would like to pass it on to people like the BP team who are more active and will have time to work on it. Actually, I think they should give BWO to Gen Battuta and his team since they will probably get it done faster. :) I would like that and I hope for that. At least then it has a chance of getting released this decade or the beginning of the next.

HLP is full of members and many do projects and other things. I'm sure there are more than several people here willing to take over the work instead.

Actually no one in the team lost interest on BWO. We are however, busy with real life stuff.

Also, although I'm not in the main decision making board, I'm fairly sure we won't give the campaign away light-hearted.
No offense to Gen Batuta or BP (I haven't seen either work anyways, so I don't know if that's the case), but the other reason we have such a long development time is because we have set a high standard level in ALL departments of the campagin. And honestly, besides MT and the Freespace Upgrade project, I still haven't seen any other campaign out there with exclusive fleets of high quality models and textures.
There's 2 ways of going about doing full mods. We chose the hardest and longest ones, but with better benefits to everyone in the end.

Yeah, and to second Darius' remark, there's no comparing BP and BWO. It's not that one is better than another, but they have totally different development models. The BWO team is incredibly talented and dedicated. BP just uses public assets - we have no exclusive material whatsoever and prefer to keep it that way.

Also, Darius is in charge of Blue Planet. I just work there.

Offline High Max

• Permanently banned
;-)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 09:15:35 pm by High Max »

Offline Narvi

How many original assets have you guys got, anyway?

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
A good number.  Not all of them are up to modern standards though.

Offline High Max

• Permanently banned
;-)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 09:17:11 pm by High Max »

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
I believe the Karnak is one.
My blog

MP-Ryan