Author Topic: Stop the NTF Iceni  (Read 14634 times)

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
10 destroyers parked around the node is more than enough to quickly destroy a Sathanas...A Sath has to clear the jump node for anotehr one to jump in, and when it jumps in it's rear is exposed for beam raping (maby even disabling, thus creating a great cork for the next sath that comes in..*BOOOm* )

Adda ****load of bomber waiting to declaw any ship that comes in and you get a nice, tihngs blockade that even the shivans will have trouble braking.

The problem with that is that even with ten Destroyers the Jugg is still going to get off a couple salvos, which is more then enough to wipe out 3-4 of those destroyers.  Plus flying bombers through 10 destroyers worth of beams and the Sathanas fire is going to be a living  nightmare for the bombers.  Its probably a big enough trap for a single jug but the blockaders are going to be hurting by the time the next one jumps in, if they aren't able to stop the first one before the second Jug jumps in then that's the plan shot out an airlock.  A frontal assault is perhaps the best scenario possible for a Jugg its what it excels at, well other then blowing up stars.  The best possible scenario IMO is that you can sortie all of your strikecraft to sit on the node and strip the sathanas once it jumps in.  Sit your destroyers out of range of the jump node and wait for the disarmed jugg to come to them, rinse wash repeat.  But that will fail if the Shivans can stuff Juggs through the node quicker then your bombers can rally and take out their BFReds.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 12:14:52 pm by StarSlayer »
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Snail

• SC 5
i made a crappy mission with 10 destroyers v. a Sath and it took down 4 of them at 75% before I got bored.

Offline Bob-san

• Wishes he was cool
  • It's 5 minutes to midnight.
I've had 5 Orion jump in next to a Sath... unfortunately they all ended up dying. They jumped in a bit behind the Sath, so one got fried by the rear beam. Followed by that, they promptly started beaming the Sath. Towards the end, they caught each other a few times. After that, the killed the Sath and were heavily damaged by the shockwave, followed by the Sath's debris, their explosions, and even more debris and more explosions! It was seriously odd--they all die, only one directly from the Sath, the other 4 from near-explosion damage and debris.
NGTM-1R: Currently considering spending the rest of the day in bed cuddling.
GTSVA: With who...?
Nuke: chewbacca?
Bob-san: The Rancor.

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
I remember when i first played High Noon, When the Sathanas died, The Colossus was at like 70, and all the debris Hit the Colossus and killed it.
Boy was i pissed.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

I've had 5 Orion jump in next to a Sath... unfortunately they all ended up dying. They jumped in a bit behind the Sath, so one got fried by the rear beam. Followed by that, they promptly started beaming the Sath. Towards the end, they caught each other a few times. After that, the killed the Sath and were heavily damaged by the shockwave, followed by the Sath's debris, their explosions, and even more debris and more explosions! It was seriously odd--they all die, only one directly from the Sath, the other 4 from near-explosion damage and debris.

Capital ships can't be harmed by explosions, right?
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline Bob-san

• Wishes he was cool
  • It's 5 minutes to midnight.
Ya gotta hate that debris... especially when stuff like that happens--you completed your objectives only to lose to nearly-invincible debris. I've only seen large debris destroyed by beam weaponry--I've never been able to kill that stuff hurdling around at 200+m/s. I've lost several other missions from debris... the Enif Station mission was particularly bad. Enif Station was at 80% when a huge piece of debris heads towards it. Let's put it this way... a minute later, the station was down to 20%. It died to bombers after losing ~60%.

Capships CAN be harmed by explosions.
NGTM-1R: Currently considering spending the rest of the day in bed cuddling.
GTSVA: With who...?
Nuke: chewbacca?
Bob-san: The Rancor.

Offline Excalibur

• Forsee a new beginning.
Will 1 meson bomb kill a Sath?

If so you could just get a cargo carrier to put some at strategic points so that any large ship incoming has to hit one but one only, which can then be replaced by another one. (Cargo ship ready to jump in as soon as Sath destroyed)
His legacy will last until the beginning.

Will 1 meson bomb kill a Sath?

If so you could just get a cargo carrier to put some at strategic points so that any large ship incoming has to hit one but one only, which can then be replaced by another one. (Cargo ship ready to jump in as soon as Sath destroyed)

Game-wise, no, because capital ships are immune to shockwaves.

Story-wise, or the wise that actually uses physics, it would take a helluva lot of bombs to take down the sath if it took 2 to destroy the knossos.
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline Excalibur

• Forsee a new beginning.
You'd think that the GTVA would have a more powerful bomb than the Meson, since the blast from the Meson is only comparable to the first nuclear bombs, isn't it?

You could put destroyers in place where the Sath would emerge......
well...it would be cheaper than losing 4 or 5...and of course no people on board.
His legacy will last until the beginning.

You'd think that the GTVA would have a more powerful bomb than the Meson, since the blast from the Meson is only comparable to the first nuclear bombs, isn't it?

You could put destroyers in place where the Sath would emerge......
well...it would be cheaper than losing 4 or 5...and of course no people on board.

Actually, according to the tech room, the Helios torpedo somewhat resembles the modern day nuke, though if that were the case the shockwave would be significantly more powerful.

Of course, the easiest way to attack a sath (or any shivan destroyer) is from behind, though in the case of the sath the rear beam will be a problem.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 01:05:56 am by haloboy100 »
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
i made a crappy mission with 10 destroyers v. a Sath and it took down 4 of them at 75% before I got bored.

Did the destroyers block the node or did the Sath come at them head-on?

Becosue the GTVA has enough firewpoer to destroy a sathanas that's jumping in BEFORE it can turn around to fire it's BFreds...
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Game-wise 3 measons are enough for a Sathanas.

Just gut a Fenris, plop a bomb inside, warp it close to a sath and kamikaze...3 of them will kill the Sath. (in essecne, turn the Fenris inot a kamikaze with the stats of a meson bomb)
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Snail

• SC 5
These are good ideas for my campaign... :nervous:

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
What campaign?
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Campaign? Did I say campaign?

These are good ideas for my campaign... :nervous:

yup.
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
So?...
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

So?...

So, I just proved snail wrong with the power of quotes. I rule.
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline Roanoke

how about placing a line of damaged Orions in a row, self-destruct a Sathanas at one end and watch the chain reaction, dominoes stylee ?

i outta try that. :lol: sounds cool
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.