Author Topic: ships you dont have...(not worth anyones time. do not keep alive)  (Read 5287 times)

Offline akenbosch

• Pretentious Noob
  • doesent care about canon
ships you dont have...(not worth anyones time. do not keep alive)
too name a few:

wanderers of Sigma 957 ship

this minbari thing (could be just a tishat, but the fins are too big):

http://www.alecm.com/images/gallery/galleryBIG_B5TLT01_003x01_0270.jpg

this other minbari ship:

http://www.alecm.com/images/gallery/galleryBIG_B5TLT01_001x03_0270.jpg

http://www.alecm.com/images/gallery/galleryBIG_B5TLT01_012x01_0185.jpg

i saw these all a long time ago in lost tales...but i cant remember much of the names.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 05:03:24 pm by akenbosch »

Burn the sucker out of the sky!
EAT PHOTONS INFIDEL! MAY THE HEAT OF A THOUSAND SUNS CONSUME YOU! :mad2:

snail gives a debriefing: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,48825.msg991954.html#msg991954

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Re: ships you dont have...
Someone please post a list of ships we do have.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline akenbosch

• Pretentious Noob
aura
tiger
badger
thunderbolt
zephyr

ouch...contrast hurts.

but im still eager to recreate the battle of coriana 6 and a good deal of lost tales.

snail gives a debriefing: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,48825.msg991954.html#msg991954

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Those are three renders of the same ship.

And yes, there really are plenty of ships to keep a fredder happy.
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline akenbosch

• Pretentious Noob
oh..well...i guess i was fooled by a master CGI artist.

fracking cgi artist  :doubt:

edit: i dont think you have this...
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 04:20:34 pm by akenbosch »

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Clearly the message isn't getting through. Obviously I made an error in employing such subtlety. Time for big font.

You have over 120 ships. Stop complaining about ones you don't have.

And just for good measure.

TBP is finished. No more ships will be added.

Thanks for listening.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
I've you think you need these ships DO THEM YOURSELF or GET YOURSELF A MODELER TO DO IT (maybe this is good for one of the commulative community projects  ;))
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline akenbosch

• Pretentious Noob
(maybe this is good for one of the commulative community projects  ;))

i think the community tbp-addon project sounds nice. good idea!

Offline Cavane

Also, it seems a bit silly to me for someone to spend more time on a model than the time that ship appeared on screen.

Offline akenbosch

• Pretentious Noob
well, this sucks, i cant model the frakking disk thing on the wanderers ship.

psh...my ideas suck.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 01:29:27 pm by akenbosch »

Offline maje

well, this sucks, i cant model the frakking disk thing on the wanderers ship.

psh...my ideas suck.

You can't just hit "Create PolySphere", delete half of it, and then cap the hole?  Seems fairly easy enough to me (assuming I'm thinking of the same thing you're having trouble with).

Here's the thing, yes there are loads of ships not in TBP, but what ships are they?  Seems to me, that most of the ones that were left out were seen in maybe an episode or two and never heard from again.

I know that there a few ships from Crusade that would be fairly easy to model.  The Technomage ship is essentially a wedge with a tail fin, all black.

Most of the First Ones ships are pretty basic in terms of shape and design, just need a good texture job.  Soul Hunter vessels again are pretty basic.  The only things I can think of that would be a challenge would be the Liandra, Hand vessels (due to there being no good reference images on the net of the thing, just really small promo screen grabs from Sci-Fi.com), Enfalli, and maybe the Thirdspace ships.

Heck, with decent refs, modeling the Hand ship should be pretty easy as it's symetrical (essentially a dark snowflake).

Really though, most of the ships I mentioned would only be needed if there were missions centered around them.  The First Ones seldom appeared and were only used in combat during the Battle of Corianna 6.  Liandra I believe is one of a kind patrol cutter, the Enfalli, not sure about.  The Hand were seen once and never referenced again (seriously, I wonder what thier bag was), Soul Hunters again, while existing are very rare.  Thirdspace aliens only appeared in Thirdspace.

The Streibs ship you have there only appeared once and they were rumored to only come out once in a blue moon (and were pretty weak).

Again, if you were to go for new ships, I'd focus on going for new League vessels like the Abbai Gunship that the Into the Fire space sim had concept sketches are even take a crack at developing the other Shadow Allies' vessels (there was another race or group not affiliated with the Drakh that were going to be in the game, but I can't remember who).

But asides from that, try making a campaign that uses the ships that are already in TBP unless your story absolutely calls for a new craft not in there.  Then just learn how to model and texture (follow through a few tuts and you should be good).
Deuternomy 22:11 explained:

Well there are many different speculations going on about this law about not mixing fibers and at least one explanation claims that it was a symbolic gesture designed to keep a pure sense of culture, people, and religion.  Seperation of crop  in the vinyard, mentioned in Dt. 22:9 and 22:10 seem to reaffirm this idea, though there may be other reasons as well.

And now, an excerpt from the Prayer of Mordecai, the Book of Esther Chapter C (New American Bible Official Catholic version).

Est C:5  You know all things.  You know, O Lord, that it was not out of insolence or pride or desire for fame that I acted thus in not bowing down to the proud Haman.  6  Gladly would I have kissed the soles of his feet for the salvation of Israel.  7  But I acted as I did so as not to place the honor of man above that of God.  I will not bow down to anyone but you, my Lord.  It is not out of pride that I am acting thus.

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Re: ships you dont have...(not worth anyones time. do not keep alive)
I just noticed something; None of the ships are HTL.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Meaning we can have enormous Battle of Endor missions with no slow down. Great isn't it.

Offline -Norbert-

BTW: Prince Endari refered to the ship in the first post as "Valen Class Cruiser".

The Minabri are so innovative with their shipclass names  :p

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
Meaning we can have enormous Battle of Endor missions with no slow down. Great isn't it.

Believe it or not, huge BoE battles are cool too. Even if you don't make a difference in the battle, it is damm fun to dogfight in those.
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline 0rph3u5

@maja:
run the INF build with the additional-shp.tbl - the 3rd Space Aliens are already included

BTW someone the seniors to this forum might correct me but there was/is a mod to TBP in making which has a Soul-Hunter ship and a (maybe not functional) Wanderers of Sigma models... (I think they gave us the currently existing First Ones and the new (non-cannon) Shadow vessels)
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Is there a link to there site?
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline 0rph3u5

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,36731.0.html

that is the last post about that project I could dig out from the dephts of Grey 17

==================

oh..well...i guess i was fooled by a master CGI artist.

fracking cgi artist  :doubt:

edit: i dont think you have this...

The Stribes got there buts woops by one Omega near their homeworld, there was a reason you never saw them again.