Author Topic: is there a version for plain FS2  (Read 2348 times)

is there a version for plain FS2
as you all know, my parents are wary of downloading things off the internet. but my dad said, as long as its not from some sight a lone wacko made up (dunno if thats how HLP started, its sure as heck not like that now  :D), i could download the starwars conversion. but i need to know, is it for SCP? if it is, I HATE MY LIFE!
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Re: is there a version for plain FS2
Why?  The SCP for Star Wars would be included with it, and would only take up 3-6 MB... as it would just be the engine.  And no, SWC is not available to be downloaded yet, all we have are a bunch of :jaw: -inspiring models, a few effects, and maybe a mission or two WIP.  Give it 6 months and we should definitely have something out, I would think...  :D  Prolly way before that, but IDK, ask chief1983 or brandx0.  And, if you want SCP for FS2, why not get it?  Is it a bandwidth issue?  Tell me your situation, and I will try to think of solutions / alternatives.

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Ok, even if it were for plain FS2, you'd still have to download it, and it's coming from the same place the SCP comes from, so how is that any different?  And actually, it won't require anything else besides it to be downloaded hopefully, it will be a full stand alone total conversion, and include its own copy of the engine.  And like jr2 said, it's not available for download yet, so I wouldn't even worry about it right now.  You'll probably be out from your dad's shadow by the time it comes out (assuming you're not already a 25 year old still living in his parents' basement).

As far as lone wackos, most of the internet was created by them.  Hell, most of our modern technology.  Look at Apple, Gateway, etc.  Hippies and farmboys.  The HLP is actually one of the better behaved bunch of wackos on the internet if you ask me.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

by wacko i mean someone that would somehow trace you and come to our house with a chainsaw. or would plant a virus that, after it got all our personal information off our comp, would blow it up.  :blah: (it COULD happen)

edit: also, my dad said i could get SCP after he looked into it. and i dont want a stand-alone game. i just want the models, textures and tables to play around with in FS2. if i ever make ANYTHING that i release with them, ill give you credit. plz. nothing bad will happen.

also, you guys said if your want the development to go faster, people should help. i will. im no good with modeling (well, im trying), i might be abel to do tables. lemme know if i cant help
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 01:39:28 pm by Titan »

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
That's what I'm saying though, there's hundreds of easier ways to sneak a virus on someone's computer that don't involve somehow slipping it into an open source project.  And a chainsaw?  I think we're being a little paranoid.  But ok.  We're making everything for this mod specially for the SCP engine, almost nothing we create will even be compatible with stock FS2 without a massive overhaul, that would probably be more difficult than making it from scratch.  And as far as the SCP engine goes, it's also opensource, you can get it and compile it yourself, and read through the entire source code yourself if you really want to look for a 'trace' or a virus.  I've already made a couple builds myself.  I think there's enough oversight here that nothing crazy is going to happen.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

i can also help with fred, im not to bad for my age.

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,43291.0.html

(from an old campaign i started, didn't get far)

i wont be able to do much till i get SCP's fred, but i can start