Author Topic: Can't connect to FS2NetD, How do I get a direct IP game working?  (Read 2151 times)

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
Can't connect to FS2NetD, How do I get a direct IP game working?
My friends and I are trying to set up a multiplayer game, but I can't connect to FS2NetD, I believe because of the campus-wide firewall. So I'm trying to set up a direct IP game but I'm not sure if I'm doing it right. Can someone help me?  :confused:
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline Shade

Re: Can't connect to FS2NetD, How do I get a direct IP game working?
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
Huh, now it is connecting.

Hard Light Productions:

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
Alright, I'm ok now, but my friend's FSO is crashing right after the table validation part.
BTW, he's using the mac version.

EDIT: it turns out that his fs2netd account is registered and he can log in, but he isn't showing up in the pilot's list.
EDIT MORE: he's registered a second account which also lets him log in, but still won't show up in the pilot's list, so there must be a problem on his end, rather than something wrong with fs2netd.
EDIT 3: I got the accounts working by entering his username and password in my own PXO options and once the game connected to the fs2netd server his account started showing up on the list, but it's still crashing right after the table validation part. Which means the fs2netd account problems were just a symptom not the cause, which means we're back to square one, and no one reads my thread. :(
EDIT 4: Ah, I just read http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,46632.0.html now I see we'll have to wait till 3.6.10.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 10:24:02 pm by redsniper »

Hard Light Productions:

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Looky here... http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,49939.0.html

But everyone playing has to use it.