Author Topic: UT3 demo available  (Read 4871 times)

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
After playing it for a couple of days, I'll give it a thumbs up, for the main part they seem to have kept most of the good stuff. It looks good, very good in fact, and runs really smoothly.

I'll admit there are concerns, but since I'm not playing the full breadth of the game, I'll wait until it's finished before I make final judgement, but so far I'd say that UT3 is certainly on my list of 'to buy'.

UT was one of the few games that I used to play online, mainly because there was no time for anyone to start typing things like 'U N00b!!1! I pwned joo!', they'd probably die twice in that time, and UT3 keeps up that pace, so I might well look at actually venturing into some online stuff once it comes out.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
seems to me that the vehicles in ut2004 were more fun to drive. the vehicles and weapons also didnt change that much. some of those weapons have been around sence the first unreal. the graphics were nice but it seems it was all post process. the graphics were pretty good, but they could be better. in general i like the engine but i dont like the game. quake wars has gameplay which is by far more fun. in general this iteration of games isnt looking too good. i want good single player games as well, not just multi-only games. i miss games like quake 2 which had really awesome single player for its day, and had a complete suite of multiplayer modes. this demo failed to convince me to buy the game.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Actually UT3 is apparently supposed to have a story-based campaign mode, in addition to the regular deathmatch against bots.

On my end, the demo definitely convinced me to buy it, I can't wait :)

Also, on that note, anyone here want to share their in-game names so we can add to each others friends lists? Mine's UnknownTarget

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
I'm kind of disappointed by this, really. Something about it just feels off, but I can't put my finger on it. It feels closer to Quake 3 Arena than UT to me, and maybe it's just the map but CTF seems far less fun than it is without vehicles.

But then I liked UT2K4 over the original game, so what do I know.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Also, on that note, anyone here want to share their in-game names so we can add to each others friends lists? Mine's UnknownTarget

I haven't decided. :p Either CP5670 or 142857. I used the latter in my UT99 days and in some other games as well, but I'm known by the former just about everywhere else so I might go back to that now.

Offline Roanoke

"142857" ??

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Unlike CP5670, that one actually means something. :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/142857

Offline Roanoke

I suppose "chunky" or "baz" or "killa"  just wouldn't have the same ring to it huh ?  :p

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
Actually UT3 is apparently supposed to have a story-based campaign mode, in addition to the regular deathmatch against bots.

On my end, the demo definitely convinced me to buy it, I can't wait :)

well itf it has a single player mode. i did see a campaign option that you couldnt select. but i just assumed it would be the same as with the original ut where you just run the whole tournament. now if its single like the first unreal, where you have traditional sp gameplay. then that would be pretty cool.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
IIRC the storyline is something like you were a miner on a colony, but the aliens (the things that control the dark walkers) attacked the colony, destroying everything and everyone including your family. You joined the tournament, but then the aliens come back out of nowhere and attack the tournament or somesuch.

Not exactly Shakespeare, but better than nothing. :)

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Everytime I create an online profile with the Demo, even though it stores all the info, it still tells me that I've entered the wrong password, kinda narking me now....