Author Topic: RELEASE - The Price of Freedom  (Read 68769 times)

Re: RELEASE - The Price of Freedom
Wing Commander 2 ships (Rapier, Ferret, Sabre and Confederation-class just to mention a few) will be featured in the full release of the Saga :)

Are you going to add Morningstars, Wraiths and Crossbows to the main campaign? I really did love the Morningstar it was so well balanced and looks awesome. And theres shouldnt really be any reason why they wouldn't be around in the WC3 time as they entered production only about one to two years before Wing Commander 3 takes place. If I can make any request it would be for the Morningstar even if you can't fly it for nearly all missions. But maybe for 1-2 campaign missions and simulator. That would be a nice break from flying the usual confed WC3 fighters.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
then what will the project be i mean if your bringing out a demo of price of freedom but the full ver is not that then what is it?

*cough*

http://www.wcsaga.com/content/view/5/32/

Wing Commander 2 ships (Rapier, Ferret, Sabre and Confederation-class just to mention a few) will be featured in the full release of the Saga :)

Are you going to add Morningstars, Wraiths and Crossbows to the main campaign? I really did love the Morningstar it was so well balanced and looks awesome. And theres shouldnt really be any reason why they wouldn't be around in the WC3 time as they entered production only about one to two years before Wing Commander 3 takes place. If I can make any request it would be for the Morningstar even if you can't fly it for nearly all missions. But maybe for 1-2 campaign missions and simulator. That would be a nice break from flying the usual confed WC3 fighters.

Morningstar will not make it into the game. I have, however, a working model on my HDD (along with the Crossbow and the Broadsword). We'll release it at some point.
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline Wolfy

then what will the project be i mean if your bringing out a demo of price of freedom but the full ver is not that then what is it?

Strictly speaking, THAT wasn't a demo, that was just a test of certain things (ie. branching missions, cutschenes, that kind of stuff).  THIS: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,44277.0.html is the demo
Wolfy - Ship Modeler for SBP07

Even if it wasn't in the main game it would be very cool to have these ships in there for multiplayer or custom missions.

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
or to have a full remake of WC1, WC2, WC3 and WC4 and of course the Addons!!!  ;7

Question: Will the main character taunt the cats in the WC Saga main campaign ? I just love that.
I hate easy targets! or You go home in a box!  :lol:
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
in short: yes. This bit of code is almost finished. :)

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Very cool I can't wait to hear some taunts.  Im still hoping to see a hugh tech room packed full wing commander ships. 

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
in short: yes. This bit of code is almost finished. :)

Is it source or Fred sexps? I know its's simple in principle but i'm still curious :)
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
for this tech demo I used sexps, but in the end it will be done via code. The player will be able to press a button and a random taunt will be played. Then, the game will decide whenever or not the targeted pilot will respond and, if he does, will he attack the player.

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Nice, very cool, Will a taunt.tbl be used or wil lit come under messages.tbl. I think a taunt editor would be coo for that old school WC1 feeling :)
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Nice, very cool, Will a taunt.tbl be used or wil lit come under messages.tbl. I think a taunt editor would be coo for that old school WC1 feeling :)

Ask Goober, he is the one working on it.

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline CKid

I am getting an error message at startup. Can someone help?

Error: wc4-wep.tbm(line 89:
Error: Required token = [#End] or [$Name:], found [$Pspew: ]
in weapon: Stormfire Mk1.

File:J:\src\cvs\fs2_open_3_6_9.final\code\Parse\PARSELO.CPP
Line: 659
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------
If I agreed with you, we would both be wrong

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
you are the first to have this kind of problem, because the line in question is commented out and the game starts with any builds I've tried sofar. Are you using a HEAD build?

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Vidmaster

played through this now seven times, cannot get enough of this mission branching test, Tolwyn.
Reinstalling WC4 now :yes:

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
I am glad you liked it. It turned out better than I thought it would. :) How about downloading the autopilot template and making a few missions on your own?

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Vidmaster

dowloaded that already when it was released :rolleyes:. Currently, I am too busy with school, my TBP WIP campaigns and now WC4.  Hey but maybe...   I got the SuperWing Commander CD for Mac, if I manage to extract the voicefiles, we could do a voice-acted remake of WC1  :yes:

Offline Aginor

• Spelljammer
Why are there so many fans of remakes??
The games are good as they are, a remake of a whole game wouldn't be very cool because WC1 has a poor mission design compared with what we can do today. Another thing is the fact that EA sells that game again and I don't think they will like to see their game for free, with better graphics but with sounds and everything they own the rights for. I want to remind everybody that we use EAs intellectual property every day and they could shut down every fan mod every day if they wish. So we should try to avoid making them believe we do harm to their volume of sales.

No offense meant, but its a thing everyone should think about.

I would rather recommend to do an own campaign. You will need some modelers doing nice WC1-ships (Yes, I want them all in Saga) and then you can go straight into Vega Sector und help the Tiger's Claw in its mission, and you can do things the player couldn't do in WC1. So do them!  :)
We all want to see great ships and campaigns, and Saga can be modded better than any other WC- fan mod, i think.
Member of the Scooby Doo model Fanclub "verticies and splines are the medium and he is the artist."

Offline Vidmaster

Why are there so many fans of remakes??

because we would like to see our old favorits again, running natively on modern systems! Additionally, WC1 and 2 have some serious limitations because of the hardware back then, I would love to see the old ships in 3D glory.

Offline Aginor

• Spelljammer
The first thing it is easy. Download it from EA. It's cheap and runs perfectly.  :)

The second thing: I'm sad that I can't model, WC1-ships in Saga quality would be on my toDo List. On top of it.
But I wouldn't make a remake but an interesting own campaign (because of the reasons posted earlier.)

And this one goes to all modelers: I want that ships!!! Please!!  :nod:

I have to go back to work....
Member of the Scooby Doo model Fanclub "verticies and splines are the medium and he is the artist."

Offline Haliwali

• Cake is a lie.
    • Myspace. Please be my friend
Wierdest thing ever. I donloaded the stuff but its only showing me the Ships in the Database I cant do the missions,
but Im getting no messeges or anything so I dont know what to do.

Help me. :confused:
The cake is a Lie.

They littered the beach as dense as a crowded Tokyo street during a Final Fantasy release riot. The slow, tottering advance only heightened the suspense of this freakishly ironic scene.

The turtles were revolting,
and nobody could stop them.

First they came for the Jedi,
and I did not speak out.
because I was not a Jedi.
Then they came for the giant robots.
and I did not speak out
because I was not a giant robot.
Then they came for the Nerds,
and I was screwed.

Sparkly Weasel, meet Forceful Chainsaw