Author Topic: HomePlanet - videos and stuff ( NOT Homeworld )  (Read 3332 times)

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
HomePlanet - videos and stuff ( NOT Homeworld )
Alright , so , has anyone heard of this game called HomePlanet ? It has full newtonian , gameplay is great , ships are fast and etc. , graphics very good ( for a game from year 2001 , of course ) . Was going to be both an RTS and FPS in one . Looks like it's a mix of BattleStar Galactica , FreeSpace and Tarr Chronicles . Too bad that only the demo was released  :( .

Anyway , I have two videos of it .

The trailer :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHG4IkUOLdI

And a short tribute video by me ( note: I might get killed by either BTRL team , or the creators of BSG ) :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2O7BLpyT9nk

Oh , and another thing - the game is in russian language . Some of you may hate it , but I think it's a good thing . In Russian , a space game sounds very good . Though it's a good thing it has english texts .

Tell me what you think of everything about this game .

P.S. I forgot to tell you that you can still get the demo and it's patch from fileplanet .

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
Re: HomePlanet - videos and stuff ( NOT Homeworld )
I can't remeber this one but another russian space shooter that was kinda fun. Never understood a word but fun. Graphics where pretty good as I rember it.
Are there any other space shooter games in russia? I never hear much of it and TarChronicals Demo didn't conviced me. It also got some bad reviews.
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
Forgot to say that HomePlanet music is awesome

And there are a lot of Russian space games . All you need to do is search a little , and you'll find that Russians love making space games . Tarr Chronicles got bad reviews because the game was in Russian and the text was in an inaccurate english , but I consider that statement stupid .

HomePlanet is one of the best ( after FS2 ) space games know .

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Played the demo...dogfighting was impossible....you could accelerate to 0,5 C given enough time.
Everything zipped so fast that you could even get a single shot off into the target, let alone a burst :lol:
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
IIRC there is The Tommorow War or something like that. I think that's in Russian.

EDIT: What a coincedince. It was also mentioned in another thread recently without my knowledge.

Offline Rictor

• Murdered by Brazilian Psychopath
I think these were the devs who made the Babylon 5: I Found Her freeware game after Sierra pulled the plug on the real B5 game back in...oh, 2001 was it?

Anyway, Newtonian physics and I don't get along too well, so I never played it.

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
I just found a trailer about The tomorrow war. Dosn't look that good graphicwise. The gameplay looked nice with lots of squadrons and chaos ^_^
Also some ground missions what is nice.
Only point I allready dislike is that it suffers from the "nextgen" illness of everything glowing. I mean I have never seen that people have a glowing skin. I could acept it for spaceships but its definitly a bit overused. Like most titles did when the effect became populare.
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
Link to the trailer , please .

But I still thing HomePlanet is better .

P.S. Replying from my phone ^^

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
I allready closed the tap..it was on worthplaying IIRC. I just googled. Pressed download and closed the tap.

Offline starlord

Actually oleg petrov (renderer) of the babyon 5 i've found her team says that he's got the whole homeplanet gold (game + "playing with fire add on") english script. And when I asked him if he would perhaps do an english patch, he laughed and he said he would. Only, we'll need to give him some time. So in the meanwhile, I suggest you get your homeplanet GOLD copies from russia now! An english patch will come out at one point.

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
I'm . . . confused . You mean to tell me that HomePlanet is actually released ? The same one from the trailer ?! The one that I was looking for , but didn't find ANYTHING , except the trailer and demo ?

Offline starlord

Of course, only the fact that

1: Homeplanet's publisher went down before it selled at the international level...
2: Homeplanet GOLD's publisher went down before it selled at the international level
3: Homeplanet GOLD is now owned by russobit-M intend on keeping it russian only (despite the english demo).

And you have a nearly unobtainable game which resembles a mith to us occidentals  :lol:

I suggest for those who have any questions regarding the game to post in the babylon 5, I've found her forums: I'm sure oleg petrov (renderer) would tell you all you want to know and perhaps confirnm to you that one day he will release an english patch for homeplanet gold.

In the meanwhile, you'll have to figure out a way to get a copy from russia.

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
*distant scream*

I have an idea on how to get the game for others , but it isn't "very" legal . And I live so close to Russia . So close , yet so far . Oh well . . . If anyone is lucky enough to obtain a copy of the game , please tell me .

Offline starlord

At least now, you all know that homeplanet gold DID do out. In fact, it uses the same engine as B5, I've found her. As for getting copies of that , good luck. Regarding the english patch, it will most likely only (but it's more than enough considering the facts) subtitle the game in english: the speech will remain russian.

Offline starlord

Several links:

http://www.cdvseti.ru/id5476.html
http://www.ozon.ru/context/detail/id/2409226/
http://www.yakaboo.com/ru/film.html?film_id=8271
http://shop.bigmir.net/goods/1729591

as you see, there are quite a few, problem is how to get them shipped to our countries. :drevil:

2 versions exist: 2CD (homeplanet+playing with fire add-on) or DVD (containing both): This is the reason for the 2 coverdisks versions.

I suggest someone close to russia buys a certain number (depending on the number of persons interested in purchasing this game) of homeplanet gold items, then sells them on ebay while noticing us. We will then buy them and get them shipped home.

Your opinions?

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
I would go the torrent way . But it's illegal , so not an option .  :(

Offline Hellstryker

• waffles
I would go the torrent way . But it's illegal , so not an option .  :(

Why the hell not? since when has anyone knocked on your door for torrenting somthing? as long as its not POSTED on HLP i dont think anyone here actually has a problem with it

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
I am using torrents , just don't wanna discuss it in public ...

Offline starlord

If you actually DO want an english patch I would not take this option, given that oleg petrov knows of this thread. No kidding.

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
Understand this . I would buy the game . I want to buy it . But there's no way I can , since it's sold only in Russia , as you say . And I live so close to Russia , but can't travel to it .