Author Topic: TBP 3.4b beta feedback  (Read 23509 times)

Offline hip63

• The DVD Builder Guy
    • hip63's Groovy Galaxy
Another small adjustment to the beta 2 installer, OpenAL 1.1 (latest version) will now install silently (solves issue on the DVD version) :)
(Note: Only installs if OpenAL is not present or an older version is found, it will not install if a new version of OpenAL is found) :yes:

hip63 :p

HINT: Nobody, not even IPAndrews, knows yet just how cool the TBP DVD will be! :pimp: (except me of course) ;7 TBP Fans will love it! :D
operator: "So what do you need? Besides a miracle. " hip63: "Games. Lots of Games. "
EVGA X58 Motherboard, Intel i7 920 @ 3.8 (OC) GHz Quad Core, Zalman Copper Cooler, 6GB OCZ DDR3 memory, EVGA Nvidia GTX275 (1.8gb mem onboard), 4x 1TB Western Digital SATA II Drives + 1 WD Velociraptor HDD (OS), DVD Drive, Zalman 1000w PSU, Antec Twelve Hundred Case, Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Dell 2007WFP Widescreen Flat Panel Pure Gaming Evil Baby!

Offline terran_emperor

• 7 Impossible Requests Before Breakfast
  • Kane Live in Death
So, hip63, when can we expect this?
e = m csarged - Relativity according to Sarge [Red vs Blue]

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP's only Goro Naya (Great Leader) fan

"I really wasn't expecting this much losership"

"Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand: How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

HLP Brit

Offline hip63

• The DVD Builder Guy
    • hip63's Groovy Galaxy
First, a TBP v3.4b Beta Installer has to be released, tested by the community and certified "FINAL" by IPAndrews. Once a build is approved as the final release, the The Babylon Project DVD will be available about a week later. That allows for any final TBP Campaign Pack v1.1 updates to be incorperated plus build the final DVD files and get them uploaded to servers. Plus I'm hoping to get one or two luck bastards to test the DVD before public release ;7

The DVD is going to be so slick and professional looking, you won't hardly believe you didn't pay money for it (especially if you print out the DVD covers and labels) :pimp:

hip63 :p
operator: "So what do you need? Besides a miracle. " hip63: "Games. Lots of Games. "
EVGA X58 Motherboard, Intel i7 920 @ 3.8 (OC) GHz Quad Core, Zalman Copper Cooler, 6GB OCZ DDR3 memory, EVGA Nvidia GTX275 (1.8gb mem onboard), 4x 1TB Western Digital SATA II Drives + 1 WD Velociraptor HDD (OS), DVD Drive, Zalman 1000w PSU, Antec Twelve Hundred Case, Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Dell 2007WFP Widescreen Flat Panel Pure Gaming Evil Baby!

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
This is more of a request than something that needs fixing.  Since it looks like the exe is going to need rebuilt anyways is it possible to include Kara's new team loadout code? http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,51837.0.html

It would really help in making multi race TvT missions.  If it can't no problem.

If you make missions that use that you can simply include the exe (I'll even build you one with the TBP logo if you want) but there's no way 3.6.10 code is known to be stable enough that I'd recommend using it for a release and there's no way I'm porting team loadout to 3.6.9 (It took me over a month to make all those changes and I had to almost completely re-write the loadout editor).
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline starlord

Do you intend at some point to incorporate ALL babylon 5 ships? Or will you stick with this number? If you don't mind me asking, that is...

Offline terran_emperor

• 7 Impossible Requests Before Breakfast
  • Kane Live in Death
Well, the TBP team seems to have a set number of ships, but that doesn't stop others from making the models of the missing ships themselves
e = m csarged - Relativity according to Sarge [Red vs Blue]

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP's only Goro Naya (Great Leader) fan

"I really wasn't expecting this much losership"

"Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand: How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

HLP Brit

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
This is more of a request than something that needs fixing.  Since it looks like the exe is going to need rebuilt anyways is it possible to include Kara's new team loadout code? http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,51837.0.html

It would really help in making multi race TvT missions.  If it can't no problem.

If you make missions that use that you can simply include the exe (I'll even build you one with the TBP logo if you want) but there's no way 3.6.10 code is known to be stable enough that I'd recommend using it for a release and there's no way I'm porting team loadout to 3.6.9 (It took me over a month to make all those changes and I had to almost completely re-write the loadout editor).

OK that's where I got confused.  The topic said 3.6.9 branch not 3.6.10 so I was thinking it was added to 3.6.9.  Never did understand all that branch stuff. 

No problem notepad still does the trick right?
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
3.6.10 is on the 3.6.9 branch. BtRL and TBP use builds from the same branch but based on a split in January 2007. Basically the builds they use are an unofficial 3.6.9.x branch which while 100% compatible with 3.6.10 won't have the majority of the new stuff in 3.6.10.

Offline den5

Why you still use old EA Hybrid model?

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Why you still use old EA Hybrid model?

Because my powers of telepathy failed me and so I didn't know there was a new one.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Well I just found 3 problems in 2 multi player attempts.  First is with the B5 station.  The rear end can be flown right through like it's not solid.  Second is with the BI Falkosi.  It's default primaries are messed up in dogfight configuration.  First primary is left blank instead of getting assigned the Drazi 35mm  second one is assigned correctly however.  Third is of course the ships without valid secondaries problem in a dogfight.  Same BI Falkosi but there are probably others.  I think I've seen this discussed before.  Well no BI Falkosi in my dogfight anymore.

Forgot to add that the block cursor problem is not mission related.  After a dogfight with myself one PC had the problem the other didn't.
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
First is with the B5 station.  The rear end can be flown right through like it's not solid.

This is a shame, as it is not fixable. The model was compiled using the 3d studio max convertor and I have neither that nor the source files.

Second is with the BI Falkosi.  It's default primaries are messed up in dogfight configuration.  First primary is left blank instead of getting assigned the Drazi 35mm  second one is assigned correctly however. 

This I can probably fix.

Third is of course the ships without valid secondaries problem in a dogfight.  Same BI Falkosi but there are probably others.  I think I've seen this discussed before.  Well no BI Falkosi in my dogfight anymore.

I don't understand this problem Fubar. The Falkosi has secondaries. The Brakiri get those meteor shower rockets don't they? What's the problem? Also some types of ship just don't have missiles? Like the Drakh Fighter/Raider. Is this causing some huge problem? I want to help but you'll have to give me some information here.

Forgot to add that the block cursor problem is not mission related.  After a dogfight with myself one PC had the problem the other didn't.

Note to self: add this to my Mantis bug report.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Third is of course the ships without valid secondaries problem in a dogfight.  Same BI Falkosi but there are probably others.  I think I've seen this discussed before.  Well no BI Falkosi in my dogfight anymore.

That issue is already in Mantis. I'd planned to look at it next in fact. It's a code problem. Not anything the TBP team have done wrong.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
It has regular secondaries but not dogfight secondaries.  I knew I read about the bug somewhere but couldn't remember if it was Mantis or BSG.  The thunderbolt's third bank doesn't cause the problem.  I'm guessing the primary problem is due to the x-ray gun being the default primary but not available for dogfight.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
the x-ray gun being the default primary but not available for dogfight.

The x-ray gun is disabled? You know when these peculiarities appear in the tables they are usually for a reason. Nine times out of ten there's method behind the madness. Maybe there's a problem with beam weapons and multiplayer? Kara?

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Most of the time when a weapon isn't available for dogfight it is just for balancing.  It is available for TvT just not dogfight.  Kind of like how FS2 had all those -D variants of the weapons to make dogfighting more balanced.  I doubt it couldn't be used but would be unfair. 

I'll try it in a TvT to see if there are any issues.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
In that case the tables should provide the weapons. It's up to the FREDder to make sure the missions are fair.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
In that case the tables should provide the weapons. It's up to the FREDder to make sure the missions are fair.

My view exactly. If there's no technical reason for them to be taken out they shouldn't be. If you know how to edit tables, add the weapons back in and esnure there's no technical problems using them. If there isn't I'll reinstate them.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Might have just found 2 more minor glitches.  Briefing class animations (the ones that pop up when you click on a briefing icon) for asteroid and unknown are almost entirely black.  The asteroid looks like only half the model is there or you are inside of it.  The unknown I couldn't even see. 

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
When you double click you see the model itself. The unknown is an invisible model (since you don't know what it is). Sounds like you're too close to the asteroid model to see it correctly. There may be a table entry to fix there, then again it may be choosing the viewing position automatically. Not sure. Will look at it.