Author Topic: "Why does the ship not die" questions : Read this  (Read 1687 times)

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
"Why does the ship not die" questions : Read this
Only certain weapons can deliver the final 1%/5%/15% damage to certain types of ship. The percentage and weapons are determined by flags in the table entry.

Sure, it'll say you got the kill, but kills are determined by how much non-beam damage was done to a ship. You get a kill if you did 20% or more of that damage, and also had the most damage against it of all ships that got 20% or more (whereas an assist is 15% or more damage when you did not get the kill yourself).

Example: In "Surrender Belisarius", you can easily get the kill for the Belisarius by hitting the ship with ONE Subach shot. The beam damage from the Psamtik's guns doesn't count towards kills. If the Psamtik weren't there, you could keep firing forever and never bring the Belisarius below 15% (I think that's the number, I'm assuming it has the same size flags as a Moloch).

If anyone has the exact stats/flag names, please post them here. I'm too lazy and tired to fetch them and copy+paste them from the Wiki.

Re: "Why does the ship not die" questions : Read this
I think we need a really big sticky for newbies containing tons of little tips like this. Just to be convenient :)
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
I find that that number is usually more like 2% or 1% on ships with that flag.  The second to last percent seems to last a little longer than the rest, and the last percent seems to take forever.  It does die eventually though.  I would advise destroying all of the turrets in your area (or just find a blind spot), turn time compression to 64x, and just bombard it with your primaries forever.  It will die.

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
  • Soul lives in the Mountains
    • http://alliance.sourceforge.net
yeah.. because FS2 Open handles the flag that does that differently.. retail will stop you from killing it.. fs2 open just makes it take forever
PCS2 2.0.3 | POF CS2 wiki page | Important PCS2 Threads | PCS2 Mantis

"The Mountains are calling, and I must go" - John Muir

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Ah, even I didn't know that. Thanks for the useful tidbit, Kazan!

I find that that number is usually more like 2% or 1% on ships with that flag.  The second to last percent seems to last a little longer than the rest, and the last percent seems to take forever.  It does die eventually though.  I would advise destroying all of the turrets in your area (or just find a blind spot), turn time compression to 64x, and just bombard it with your primaries forever.  It will die.

I remember in the first Templar mission, i was in a herc, all wingmates permanently dead. I kept firing for an hour (no time compresion) and it wouldn't go below the 16% it had been when i started firing. back in good ole' retail. :pimp:
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
Once it gets below 15% I've heard that the damage by non-$BigDamage guns divides exponentially.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.