Author Topic: RELEASE - Fortune Hunters 2260 (TBP)  (Read 62166 times)

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
Re: RELEASE - Fortune Hunters 2260 (TBP)
anybody got a crash in M8 so far?  :nervous:

EDIT: that's the one during which you defend the Brakiri Space Station  :rolleyes:
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Hey vid,
do you remember my strange problem with mission 6? (page two of this thread I think)
Well, I sort of "solved" the problem. And by solved I mean hacked the mission file.
I deleted in the events "jump", "cut1", "cut2" and "after jump" all references of camera position switching and hud disabling. Deleting only the camera switching or the hud disabling had no effekt. Only without both I have a funktioning Hud and can play the mission.
Since this problem doesnt appear to evryone I suspect its a rare bug in the code that only appears with a certain system  configuration.
Anyway, at least I can play your campaign now :)

Offline Vidmaster

glad to hear that. Maybe you should Mantis the bug, since it's probably related to the cutscene code.

Have fun  :)

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline Vidmaster

rogerwilco and hansebee, is your problem solved? Did you try to change the renderer (from DirectX to OpenGL or vice versa?)

rogerwilco and hansebee, is your problem solved? Did you try to change the renderer (from DirectX to OpenGL or vice versa?)
I have this same problem and I´ve tried changing the render and I am using the INF build.

I´m using Vista, if it haves any difference.

Sry-
been playing some other FS mods...

Anyway, yea I've tried the INF build, using a different launcher, using s separate file and selecting it as a MOD, tried OpenGL and Direct X, different DL sites, and still 2260 won't work.  2259 plays like a champ though!  And Dark Children is a nice one to play as well

Offline Vidmaster

Another user in a (german) forum seems to have found a solution.

EDIT: INTRO CRASHING FIX AVAILABLE!!!   Check the first post of the topic!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 12:29:27 pm by Vidmaster »

Offline Vidmaster

so, two people downloaded the thing. Did it work?  :)

Umm...were exactly should I put this file fix for the into...I am assuming to still use the INF build of course

Offline Vidmaster

OPS, I posted the direct download link and skipped the page were the description is.

unzip the fix and put it into data/missions. Then start the INF build normally. You may have to restart the campaign by pressing restart in the campaign selection menu for the fix to have effect.
Be also sure that you have the most recent version of FH2260

Offline Vidmaster

working?

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :yes:

Awsome thanks for all your hard work.  Appriciate the help.  Can't wait to get started !

An awesome campaign, just awesome. But, this needs voice acting. It could give the final touch. But othervise, just awesome job.  :nod:

Offline Vidmaster

will be added after 2261 is out. I want to have the final version released before looking for actors.

Offline Vidmaster

The first mirror cracked the 500  :cool:    Considering there are two more mirrors, I think I got reason to be proud :nod:.

Offline fimbul

Hm really well done campaign, but after I have downloaded the mission file to fix intro crash, I have now that problem crashing down in Mission 7 (after u have fight successful against EA at Jupiter) it always crashes at 37:01 min (3rd autopilot)...

Someone have an idea how to fix it?

And btw mission 6 really hard....(how to protect ea alexander without cheat) :>

Thanks in advance

Offline Vidmaster

sure you are using the INF build? 2259 works without, 2260 doesnt !

Offline fimbul

So with INF Build you mean I have to change config to:

#
# DO NOT EDIT THIS FILEt
#
[launcher]
exe_filepath = C:\Program Files\The Babylon Project\fs2_open_3_6_9_INF.exe;
game_flags = -ambient_factor 65 -spec -glow -env -jpgtga -mipmap -nomotiondebris -2d_poof -missile_lighting -dualscanlines -targetinfo -orbradar -rearm_timer -ship_choice_3d -3dwarp -warp_flash -tbp -snd_preload ;
active_mod = ;

or do I understand something wrong? (I downloaded TBP and using Launcher to start it)

Btw "Dark Children" also really nice idea and cool made, but cant understand how to win mission where I meet the vorlon 1st time

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
You should click the browse button at the top of the launcher and select that build rather than editing the ini directly but that should have the same effect.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Vidmaster

both solutions should work. Game still crashing?

oh and yes I know of the Mission8 (brakiri station) crashes. But I dont know the cause  :ick: