Author Topic: Multiplayer Setup Instructions  (Read 36544 times)

Offline maje

Re: Multiplayer Setup Instructions
Sorry Fubar, can't see your game other than what's on the FS2NET Access Point page in my web browser.

Only game I see in TBP 3.4b is Marcus' game.
Deuternomy 22:11 explained:

Well there are many different speculations going on about this law about not mixing fibers and at least one explanation claims that it was a symbolic gesture designed to keep a pure sense of culture, people, and religion.  Seperation of crop  in the vinyard, mentioned in Dt. 22:9 and 22:10 seem to reaffirm this idea, though there may be other reasons as well.

And now, an excerpt from the Prayer of Mordecai, the Book of Esther Chapter C (New American Bible Official Catholic version).

Est C:5  You know all things.  You know, O Lord, that it was not out of insolence or pride or desire for fame that I acted thus in not bowing down to the proud Haman.  6  Gladly would I have kissed the soles of his feet for the salvation of Israel.  7  But I acted as I did so as not to place the honor of man above that of God.  I will not bow down to anyone but you, my Lord.  It is not out of pride that I am acting thus.

Offline BoOReD

First of all...I'm a noob, i said it before, i follow all the steps and this is what i get...

"You have indicated than you use a LAN for networking,you also apear to be dialed into your ISP. Please disconnect from your service provider , or choose" ,nothing after that... :(

This happens when i press the continue button in the main menu..

The game doesn't crash...you said to press F2 and see options, i guess you meant multyplayer opt...but there are a lot of things there,i don't have any ideea what to change there,if i need to change something

Ok...i'm blind,i saw the thing i need to do on the first post..i did them but still same thing happens
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 11:19:31 am by BoOReD »

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Check your settings on the network tab of your launcher.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline BoOReD

I selected LAN...what more to check :eek2:

I'm cursed   :blah: :mad: :confused:
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 11:16:18 am by BoOReD »

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I seem to vaguely remember their being a problem with some ADSL connections that required them to be set to dial-up.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline BoOReD

Thx man...God bless your memory  :D ,i think it's working now...the only thing i dont like is that there are no game servers..i hope i can play next thursday too..

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Yeah this coming Thursday 8pm GMT. Be there or be somewhere else.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
If you can't connect to FS2NetD make sure the fs2open_pxo.cfg file is in your data directory.  Looks like one of the one night only updates may have put it in the root. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Uploaded new patch based on Fubar and I's Wednesday night testing.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Is it the one on the first post? as the date on it still says last week.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
I just downloaded and checked it out.  It is the right file. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Removed the date:P

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
I've been shunted everywhere but still don't know who's hosting. FUBAR? IP? Vidmaster?
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Whoever.  We don't have a dedicated host.  It's kind of whoever works best.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
k.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
patch will be available in 3 minutes  :doubt:
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
okay everybody, try the link again!
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

ok having a look through the thread i'm not sure if this problem is fixable or not. i've just been trying to get a server running over a private network. just mine and one other computer with me hosting. i'm able to get the server connected and i have the mission selection come up and can even use the chat but when i click 'commit' to star the misiion, it crashes and says i have hackede data tables. is there any way round this thaty does not require me to mes around too much or is this something you guys have to fix? (i noticed on the first page sopmeone mentioned something similar and you said wait for the nexty version.)

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Just ignore the hacked tables message.  It doesn't really mean anything.  The only thing it does is prevent stats from saving.  When the final tables are validated you shouldn't get it anymore.   

Oh and if you are just trying to play without being on FS2netD you can hit F2 and turn off PXO under the multi tab.  Games on the local network should show up.  At leas they do for me.  If not then there is an option for IP game for direct connections where you can manually put the server address in. 

sorry i perhaps should have also mentioned that when it says the tables have been hacked that the host computer immediately crashes.