Author Topic: Halo Nonsense  (Read 33647 times)

If a grunt kills you on Legendary, IIRC.
And this ain't no ****. But don't quote me for that one. - Mika

I shall rrreach worrrld domination!

Offline Roanoke

Just had a quick go on Halo2 and it was just euw! Don't really describe it but it almost feels like the TV screen is too small. Like the perspective isn't right. Almost claustraphobic and that's without duel-weilding and having the screen full of gun.

Not to mention dumping the shield gauge down in the left corner where I forget about it.  :doubt:
I played Oddworld:Stranger's Wrath instead. Damn fine gameage.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
There are plenty of things to dislike about Halo 2 in comparison with 1, and I agree -- it did always provke a kind of 'euwl' feeling. Somehow...gritty, dirty, unpleasant, as if the newly bump-mapped graphics were grating on the eye.

Still, worth plowing through to get you into Halo 3, and it has its moments.

Offline Roanoke

oh I've played through it in the past but never directly after Halo(1).

Plus I'm not in any rush to get a '360...

There are plenty of things to dislike about Halo 2 in comparison with 1, and I agree -- it did always provke a kind of 'euwl' feeling. Somehow...gritty, dirty, unpleasant, as if the newly bump-mapped graphics were grating on the eye.

Still, worth plowing through to get you into Halo 3, and it has its moments.
My thoughts exactly! I could never quite figure it out but I always felt like that!!!
The original Halo was a gem, the second Halo was okay still but hardly worthy of the first and the third is an improvement over the second by far, just not quite as good as the first.

In all seriousness, they're well made games by a very good company, their worst game (Halo 2) was actually developed almost entirely in the last year so that shows something! Unfortunately, legions of screaming fanbois give the series a bad name and hype it up to be like Jesus in video game form. Then, there are the black sheep who instinctively hate it because it's popular and rag on it and call it **** without even playing it.

Really, there's too much controversy and way too many retarded standards (high and low) held up to it, that stop people from appreciating what it is. It's not the gaming messiah, it's not something that will change the way we play forever, it is a remarkably fun, well thought out, highly polished and incredibly re playable shooter that was lucky enough to have a $3,000,000 hype train plow into it.

Really people, it's just a game  :blah:
"I only miss what I don't hit."
Show me something that beats 87 BF reds and I'll show you Hateful Lies!!!

...shooter that was lucky enough to have a $3,000,000 hype train plow into it.

Lucky? I'd say all this proves that hype trains are distinctively unlucky.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline aurora_energy

• Adrift in the never ending void
That is why, when I get $1,000,000, I'm going to set up a lab of 16 X-Box 360's all connected via lan, with a copy of Halo3 each, and have have each one set up with a projector, and DD 5.1
Imagine awakening, and hearing the heartbeat of the galaxy for the first time.
It is like a cloud, a mist that drifts from living creature to creature, set in motion by currents and eddies.
It is the eye of the storm, the passions of all living things turned into energy, into a chorus.
It is the rising swell at the end of life, the promise of new territories and new blood, the call of new mysteries in the dark.