Author Topic: Someone wanna explain to me why all FS1-era convoy vessels have shield meshes?  (Read 13843 times)

Re: Someone wanna explain to me why all FS1-era convoy vessels have shield meshes?
*checks thread title* Seems like we re way off-topic. Oh well, the question has been answered, so we might as well continue.

I've got the perfect countermeasure for TMan's kittens right here in a cage.

[attachment deleted by ninja]

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Re: Someone wanna explain to me why all FS1-era convoy vessels have shield meshe

Probably because you guys haven't released enough for the rest of us to know anything. The Inferno website hasn't been updated in 2 and a half years and tells us nothing about the new stuff. So really what do you expect?
We've released more content over the years than the rest of the FS2 projects on HLP combined, and why should I release more if I have to take crap from rude idiots like these?

Then let me introduce you to Inferno, where any ship larger than a freighter has 2562466 normal  turrets, at least one UBER TURRET OF DEATH!!!!!11 for killing juggernauts in ONE SHOT and a fighterbay for 341+ strikecraft.

INFERNO-IT'S LIKE CRYSTAL METH IN A ZIP

Which is why it sucks.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Re: Someone wanna explain to me why all FS1-era convoy vessels have shield meshe
You show 'em Woo. :D

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
Re: Someone wanna explain to me why all FS1-era convoy vessels have shield meshes?
Inferno is not my cup of tea,but I wouldn't flame it. A lot of people on this forum ONLY go to the Inferno section

Plus they have that kickass hi-poly Valkyrie... is it in the Inferno alliance VP?

Offline Snail

• SC 5
The only person with a high-poly Valkyrie is Vasudan Admiral. Nobody else has it AFAIK.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Why do freighters have shield meshes?
Maybe :v: initially wanted to give them some survivability...unlike the cannonfodder they are now.

--
IMO, I think you're all taking the INF crap too seriously... I do believe nuclear1 intended that as a joke. Though, yes...the tables do suggest something like that, its up to the tabler to change. Don't even have to use all the turrets on the model, you know...sometimes, its just good to have the extra just in case you need it.
The R1 models may look crappy...but compared to everything else circulating these days, they're quite old. The new ones look nice. However, from the looks of it, we're not going to get them :( .

--
is the HTL Valkyrie done yet?
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Snail

• SC 5
is the HTL Valkyrie done yet?

No, thanks to Vasudan Admiral's university.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
IMO, I think you're all taking the INF crap too seriously... I do believe nuclear1 intended that as a joke.
Ah but there's a difference to saying 'I didn't like this mod because...' or 'it's starting to get outdated' These I have no problem with
'It sucks' however is rude and not constructive criticism

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
You wanna know what I hate dislike about Inferno.  The first thing is the low quality models with even krappier texture jobs.  Maybe the MediaVPs have spoiled me, but most inferno models just seem to suck.  The second thing is the uninventive storyline.  Its just like every n00b's fs3 campaign - return to sol, fight a rebellion, shoot some shivans, without trying to explain anything about the shivans' motives.  Another thing is that the gameplay just feels awkward.  I don't know what it is (but I'm sure part of it has to do with the Vesuvius's odd gun placement, or maybe the weapons just fly differently than those in FS2), but I don't really like the atmosphere of Inferno.  Hopefully SCP will be better than R1, because R1 was a bit disappointing (no offense).

Offline Snail

• SC 5
At the time it was released, Inferno R1 was good because it had so many new ships, which, at the time, were relatively high-quality. At the time, stuff in Aldo's reciprocity modpack were considered legendary. And Aldo actually liked his nightmares. You will realize, if the FS2 community is still around, that some of the really good MVP models released today will be ****, and we'd all have real-time reflections, shadows, working decal affects, geomodding, etc. Okay I'm exaggerating here, but you get my point. The ships were almost retail standard. And there were so many of them. At the time, the aim of making a good campaign was chucking loads and loads of ships into your modpack. Those were the days of Reci and OTT.

As for the storyline, it was going to get better, but the canceled it. Initially, there was going to be a big rebellion with both Terrans and Vasudans on their side, a completely new species and the return of the Ancients.

Of course, standards today are much higher, and a good campaign is not so much chucking lotsa models in as making HTL models, normal maps, shine maps, glow maps, etc.

So what you're doing is comparing 2003-era graphics and content to 2008-era standards.

You wanna know what I hate dislike about Inferno.  The first thing is the low quality models with even krappier texture jobs.  Maybe the MediaVPs have spoiled me, but most inferno models just seem to suck.  The second thing is the uninventive storyline.  Its just like every n00b's fs3 campaign - return to sol, fight a rebellion, shoot some shivans, without trying to explain anything about the shivans' motives.  Another thing is that the gameplay just feels awkward.  I don't know what it is (but I'm sure part of it has to do with the Vesuvius's odd gun placement, or maybe the weapons just fly differently than those in FS2), but I don't really like the atmosphere of Inferno.  Hopefully SCP will be better than R1, because R1 was a bit disappointing (no offense).
I don't recall a campaign where you return to earth to find a rebellion.

Not to mention with completely custom ships.

And i do agree that the feel of the mod is outplaced and weird, it's still a decent mod IMO.

By the way, the music was kickin' awesome too. But it didn't add to the feel of the mod.

Hows that for constructive critisism? :D

So what you're doing is comparing 2003-era graphics and content to 2008-era standards.
That happens to damn much these days. :doubt:
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1

Does that mean INF SCP will be better?

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Does that mean INF SCP will be better?

Daisies.

Daisies.
You bastard. Not more cryptic words!!!  :ick:
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
We've released more content over the years than the rest of the FS2 projects on HLP combined, and why should I release more if I have to take crap from rude idiots like these?

O RLY? :doubt:

Speaking of which, INF was mentioned a lot in the last few posts. you have been warned.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 01:43:04 pm by TrashMan »
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

I've never seen Zombie Kittens in Neverwinter's Beggar's Nest District (insider).
And this ain't no ****. But don't quote me for that one. - Mika

I shall rrreach worrrld domination!

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Zombie kittens are a internal Bioware like that's been going on for years..
Apparenlty Sheryl Chee is raising a whole army due to the sheer number of dead kittens (going smack against the company window), caused by raving, naggin' fans (everytime you say DA has to have this feature, a Dev hurls a kitten at the window).

Zombie kittens will appear in DA (prolly as a easter egg). I don't recall seeing them in NWN
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Hm... I think I'll have to use my secret weapon...

*damn it escaped*

[attachment deleted by ninja]

Offline Snail

• SC 5

O RLY? :doubt:

Flames of War isn't hosted on HLP if that's what you're getting at.

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
Flames of War isn't hosted on HLP if that's what you're getting at.

neither is BtRL, and everyone knows BtRL > Inferno.
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.