Author Topic: Server downtime for software upgrade on Friday (late Thursday night)  (Read 8775 times)

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
Re: Server downtime for software upgrade on Friday (late Thursday night)
thanks taylor, and sorry maybe captain custard is just to much for the new server, ( respawning every 2 minutes is hard work for the server)
Nah, it's just a code oversight on my part.  Actually it was a bug in the previous code too, but due to a slight fluke it didn't risk crashing before where as now it will.

Offline Shade

Besides that, the fact is that crashing the server now is good. That means it won't crash after release :)
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
Ok, give it all another try.  I think that I fixed the crashing and the bugs that caused the various storage issues (stats, pilot creation, etc.).  Let me know if it's working any better or not.

Offline captain-custard

• previously known as andicirk
  • one sandwich short of a picnic
ok, maybe a little better but it still bugs on the player stats , times out at this point and then throws me bk to hanger........
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

Offline Shade

Logging into the 3.6.10 chat lobby takes ages, otherwise it seems to work on both 3.6.9 and 3.6.10. The website still won't show online users until you switch mods, though. Haven't tested whether stats store yet, but I'm looking out for any opportinuties to do so.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
The website still won't show online users until you switch mods, though.
There are two pages, index.php and main.php, but there are basically the exact same file.  They were symlinked at one point but that keeps getting messed up.  The problem is almost certainly that I changed the config setup in main.php (which gets used when you switch mods) and index.php got missed so the initial load of the page doesn't show anything properly.  When I get a chance I'll fix that, but it isn't exactly my top priority at the moment. :)

Offline Shade

That's understandable :) Nice to know why, though.

Offline captain-custard

ok still cant log in and once again im stuck in limbo, im gunna try creating a fs folder thats pretty much blank to see if its a conflict my end and ill try and post the results here, what do i need to give you information wise so that i can log in and play on fs2net
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

Offline captain-custard

ok i created a new fs folder based on 3.6.10xt 3/14......; only left the absolute minimum in there created a clone pilot with no medals no missions etc , and no change its limbo ...... 3.6.9 works but seems really slow on mission load up , btrl and tbp on 3.6.9 work ok as well

shade can you post me your setup so i can compare it with what im running and see if this a conflict my end....

sorry to be giving you extra work @ taylor but i think the 3.6.10 server has bugged with my big foot still in the door , ive been there for 24hrs stuck in limbo.........

Offline captain-custard

grrrrr still buggs at pilot stats point....... and 3.6.9 takes ages too load up but does work

Offline captain-custard

any news about the 3.6.10 server side of things, it would be nice to play with normal maps again ....

:D ;) :D ;) :D

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
any news about the 3.6.10 server side of things, it would be nice to play with normal maps again ....
I haven't had any more time to work on it yet.  I should be able to get it all working again this weekend though.

Offline captain-custard

thanks taylor thats great news ,

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
any news about the 3.6.10 server side of things
Give it another try now.  It could still crash, but I'll be watching to catch any other issues that it comes up with.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
I reset the standalone today since you made that server change.  1000% faster mission validation loop.
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline captain-custard

thanks taylor , it works............,  :D :yes:

just a quick one when will 3.6.10 start saving stats or do we have to create a new pilot for this...

« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 03:33:35 am by andicirk »

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
just a quick one when will 3.6.10 start saving stats or do we have to create a new pilot for this...
It should already save stats.  If it doesn't save for some reason then post your multi.log file for me to look at.