Author Topic: How Long?  (Read 1202 times)

Offline tinfoil

• i'm 13 remember
How long should it take to install fso because it took me almost 5 hours on a 150 mbps connection
Alcibades' Gamble - We Love Our Ice Cream

Everything you need to know, and more can be found at The Freespace Wiki

Offline Shade

If you downloaded everything the installer has to offer, that doesn't sound unreasonable. Regardless of how fast your own connection is, you'll always be limited by the upload speed of the host, which I'm quite sure isn't anywhere near 150mbit/s... and it's a LOT of data if you go for the whole package.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
150 mbps connection
Wrong.

And it's about 5 GB for a full install.

At 150 KB/s,w hich I assume is what you mean, about 6-8 hours.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
At least you can pause the install, then continue again later on.
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline tinfoil

• i'm 13 remember
Ahh yes 150KBps that's what i meant and wow it's pretty big now i understand why it took so long
Alcibades' Gamble - We Love Our Ice Cream

Everything you need to know, and more can be found at The Freespace Wiki