Author Topic: An announcment thats WAY overdue...  (Read 19428 times)

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Re: An announcment thats WAY overdue...
Well what's the point? BR claimed the remake should have been based on INF SCP(and therefore on INFA2, too). Just wait for the new models that will hopefully arrive soon...
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline T-Man

• I came... I saw... I had a cuppa!
Well what's the point? BR claimed the remake should have been based on INF SCP(and therefore on INFA2, too). Just wait for the new models that will hopefully arrive soon...

If you are referring to the EA ships, the first campaign (and possibly even the second) of this mod won't require them; the EA don't start getting INF ships until well after the first campaign (the first campaign is almost all FS1 ships, though a great deal of those will use INFA models to cut down on filesizes). I intend to use very little (if any) of INFA-specific ships, so that the project's stay unique to one another.

I will still need to wait for INFASA's release before any missions can be properly built of course, but i like to take my time doing things, and this project will require alot of content not in INFASA to be collected and organised, so i'm taking the chance to start early and get a team and storyline laid out and concrete, so come INFASA's release we can just set up the mod files and focus on missions straight away.

I did have a reatively solid storyline planned already for the project, inspired mostly by Blaise's original but with a few additions and changes (for example, the Republic of Mars never exists, as the Mars goverment remains loyal to Earth, and some of the other goverments still break away but are a little less hostile than last time). I always intended this project to be an "Alternate Universe" campaign, since INFA\A2 will tell the true INF storyline. It is likely Blaise's plans to link the story to INF SCPs were before Woo announced INFA.

However, when INFASA is out and i have a chance to see the INF canon, i will likely find myself changing ideas and events here and there so its more in line.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 03:22:44 pm by T-Man »
Also goes by 'Murasaki-Tatsu' outside of Hard-Light

UEF fanboy. Rabid Imagination.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
I mean Earther, Matian, Jovian, Plutonian, Neptunian etc. etc. ships. It's not a game between Earth and Jupiter, only.

And S:AH's Jupiter uses poor FS1 era craft, that'll change completely in INFA.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
MIGHT CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR SOL: A HISTORY

Poor ? The Majesty has decent amount of HP. And Jupiter and Saturn had artilleries ( Fenris cruisers with very powerful beam cannons ).

Besides, he's adding new ships. Right?

And again, as I said in another topic, the other "rebel" nations had more to worry about than researching advanced ships: they had to build their nations, keep order in them, get an army, become self-suficient and etc. While Earth was already well suited for being self-suficient. Apart from natural resources. . . Also, Earth had it's "favorites" ( most important people ) evacuated to Earth, while the rebels started as civies. Except for the UNU, who had some important scientists researching the beam cannons.

Offline T-Man

I mean Earther, Matian, Jovian, Plutonian, Neptunian etc. etc. ships. It's not a game between Earth and Jupiter, only.

I am planning the Jovians to get a few new ships/stations (ShadowGorrath's GTC "Warmonger" will hopefully be one of them, and i have a few brand new designs of my own in my head to get modeled up). They do use alot of FS1-era ships throughout but that is mostly due to their nature in the campaign (it focuses on spamming vast numbers of cheap units). The other sides will get far more, especially the UNU, who focus on a small fleet of high-tech vessels thanks to bagging a science colony (among other things... ;7).

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog

I am planning the Jovians to get a few new ships/stations (ShadowGorrath's GTC "Warmonger" will hopefully be one of them, and i have a few brand new designs of my own in my head to get modeled up). They do use alot of FS1-era ships throughout but that is mostly due to their nature in the campaign (it focuses on spamming vast numbers of cheap units). The other sides will get far more, especially the UNU, who focus on a small fleet of high-tech vessels thanks to bagging a science colony (among other things... ;7).

Will they have fighters or bombers that can support three gun configurations?
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Mura

• Shadow lurker
i guess now i can't have excuses to play S:AH so i can have a better say in this topic  :D

I wish good luck with this large project and im really looking forward to see what comes out of it... even if some don't see the point of it, i think making it has it's own merit :nod:
Signed, me

Offline Snail

• SC 5
MIGHT CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR SOL: A HISTORY

Poor ? The Majesty has decent amount of HP. And Jupiter and Saturn had artilleries ( Fenris cruisers with very powerful beam cannons ).

Besides, he's adding new ships. Right?

And again, as I said in another topic, the other "rebel" nations had more to worry about than researching advanced ships: they had to build their nations, keep order in them, get an army, become self-suficient and etc. While Earth was already well suited for being self-suficient. Apart from natural resources. . . Also, Earth had it's "favorites" ( most important people ) evacuated to Earth, while the rebels started as civies. Except for the UNU, who had some important scientists researching the beam cannons.
He meant low quality.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Uhm, so we're going to have:

- The original S:AH
        + Shadow's upgrade
        + FSCRP version
        + Voice Acting

- A pre INFA2 remake of SAH

- An INFA2 based and pre INF SCP remake of SAH

- A SAH using both INFA2 and INF SCP stuff

I prefer all these efforts to be focused on new projects, to be honest.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
Well. What're you waiting for? Get to work!
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
I think whoever wants to create the remake should simply wait for more Inferno releases.

It was BR himself who said that the remake should've been based on INF SCP, right?
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Snail

• SC 5
IMO people can do whatever they want.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
Thank you.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
I know, people can do and should do whatever they want...

...but think about the subject for a moment. We risk getting something neglected.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Snail

• SC 5
...but think about the subject for a moment. We risk getting something neglected.
Some mods are better than others.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
I'd like this project to be put on hold(momentarily) and tell the creator(s) to wait for more Inferno releases... ;7
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Yeah, that's what you'd like, but IMO he should go on with it. There's no point holding it up.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Ok. Good luck! :D
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline T-Man

+ Shadow's upgrade
        + FSCRP version
        + Voice Acting

I thought mine and ShadowGorrath's were the only projects. Am i wrong?

And i'm likely going to be taking the first month or two just getting a team organised and laying the groundwork out. This project's been on the backburner for over five years, so there's alot of notes and ideas to get through, and i like to take time with stuff. Then there's sorting out models (some of which require modifications of one kind or another). By the time we're actually ready to make any missions, INFASA will probably already be released anyhow.

Offline Snail

• SC 5

+ Shadow's upgrade
        + FSCRP version
        + Voice Acting
I don't think the last two are being done. BR said he didn't have enough time to do another remake, with TVWP and all that, and who the hell would make a pre-INF SCP remake of SAH with INFA2 stuff? :wtf:
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 10:00:45 am by Snail »