Author Topic: By Request: Twi'lek Deathseed  (Read 11127 times)

Offline aRaven

Re: By Request: Twi'lek Deathseed
wait, the proportions are not right...the engines are too big to be the original ones from an xwing. oder the tie eyeball is much smaller, but then the pilots view would be very restricted

Offline CaptJosh

Again, brandX is using the proportions from schematics. That is the corrrect proportion for the eyeball to those wings. These are beauty renders. If you see a discrepancy, it is due to the angle of the picture, not to error in the mesh.
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
Quote from: Snail
Why? I wanna blow up stars! In a ship with ridiculously resistant armor!!

Why don't you make a mission where you can fly a Shivan Sathanas Juggernaut and command a few wings of them? :lol:

And name it Chi ha portato le caramelle gommosa e molle?, if you will. :p
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
Quote from: Snail
Why? I wanna blow up stars! In a ship with ridiculously resistant armor!!

Why don't you make a mission where you can fly a Shivan Sathanas Juggernaut and command a few wings of them? :lol:

And name it Chi ha portato le caramelle gommosa e molle?, if you will. :p
It's called Second Great War Part II.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
Re: By Request: Slightly less ugly
according to the description the s foils are mounted on a collar which rotates like a b-wing, and it uses the tie engines for propulsion.  given that I couldn't block the tie engines I figured around the centre was the best place to put it.

Nice looking model, but the scrapheap engineer in me can't help but make some suggestions:

Shouldn't you remove the X-Wing engines then? They're not used, and they're dead weight.

Another tid-bit: the connection between the wings and the collar seems awfully fragile, though it could be the perspective's fault.

If I were to design it, I would put a bigger ring around the smaller one, and fix the wings by braces that run between the smaller and bigger ring....or I would just put big triangular braces on the top of the top wings and the bottom of the bottom wings that would connect to the ring with a collapsing/telescoping arm.
"I was going to become a speed dealer. If one stupid fairytale turns out to be total nonsense, what does the young man do? If you answered, “Wake up and face reality,” you don’t remember what it was like being a young man. You just go to the next entry in the catalogue of lies you can use to destroy your life." - John Dolan

Offline brandx0

• The Angriest Angel.
    • Fate of the Galaxy: The Star Wars Conversion for Freespace
according to the description the s foils are mounted on a collar which rotates like a b-wing, and it uses the tie engines for propulsion.  given that I couldn't block the tie engines I figured around the centre was the best place to put it.

Nice looking model, but the scrapheap engineer in me can't help but make some suggestions:

Shouldn't you remove the X-Wing engines then? They're not used, and they're dead weight.

Another tid-bit: the connection between the wings and the collar seems awfully fragile, though it could be the perspective's fault.

If I were to design it, I would put a bigger ring around the smaller one, and fix the wings by braces that run between the smaller and bigger ring....or I would just put big triangular braces on the top of the top wings and the bottom of the bottom wings that would connect to the ring with a collapsing/telescoping arm.

Well the X-Wing engines are still there due to them being used as a power source, according to the book.  I took off the back part of the engine (the jet part) and left the rest there, as per the book. 

As for the connection, I'll look into some solutions for that.
Former Senior Modeler, Texturer and Content Moderator (retired), Fate of the Galaxy
"I love your wrong proportions--too long, no, wait, too short
I love you with a highly symbolic torpedo up the exhaust port"
-swashmebuckle's ode to the transport

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
If the engines were still there, it would be super maneuverable. (think B5 Aurora)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Or it would cause conflicts in the navicomp (if it's got a hyperspace drive) or something like that.

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
If you kept the X-Wing thrusters, you'd run out of power. The TIE ball no longer has the panels to power it, so it needs another power source, and running on the X-Wing engines does it perfectly. There's not enough power left for another set of engines.
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
The TIE panels aren't solar panels; they're radiation panels to get rid of the radiation caused by the ion engines.

Offline brandx0

• The Angriest Angel.
Their function is debated, but at the same time, the Twi'leks, when describing this ship, state that because the panels were removed they needed the X-Wing engines to power the ion engines.

I suppose its possible that the power generating part of the engines was in the spar that connects the panels to the ball.  There isn't much room in the ball itself for that kind of thing, and the spar does connect very close to the engines and lead right into the panels.
Former Senior Modeler, Texturer and Content Moderator (retired), Fate of the Galaxy

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Their function is debated, but at the same time, the Twi'leks, when describing this ship, state that because the panels were removed they needed the X-Wing engines to power the ion engines.

I suppose its possible that the power generating part of the engines was in the spar that connects the panels to the ball.  There isn't much room in the ball itself for that kind of thing, and the spar does connect very close to the engines and lead right into the panels.

Not true. Several times it's stated TIE solar panels are for extra weapons power and to provide at least some armor for the ship. As for the Deathseeds, I have my copies of The Krytos Trap and The Bacta War right here, in fact. The X-Wing-type engines are described as being smaller than the geniune issue as they are mainly being used to power shields and hyperdrive rather than as motive power.

"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Snail

• SC 5
When you have a franchise as big as Star Wars there are probably more than a thousand inconsistencies.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
Especially with all the books.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I think the comics are what did most of the damage, really.

Offline brandx0

• The Angriest Angel.
Yeah, especially with a new TIE or ISD variant coming out every couple of issues hehe.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Who and what first started the Yuuzhan Vong war? That idea was utterly stupid IMO.

Offline brandx0

• The Angriest Angel.
I dunno, but it's a stackpole-ish move (Mechwarrior: The Dark Age was his idea)

Probably Kevin J Anderson though, he's never really seemed to like the Star Wars Universe much, and likes to go around ****ing things up from the inside.

Then they hired R.A. Salvatore to write the first book.  Probably to cover their asses.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Kevin J. Anderson? I thought he was okay. His Jedi Search series was cool enough.

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
We've already agreed that the TIE panels are both I believe, there's no reason they can't be and it opens up a whole bunch of other retcons we have.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays