Author Topic: Still play any space related games?  (Read 11401 times)

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Re: Still play any space related games?
Adding Argonaut 2149 to my list. If you own a Mac, go search for it on the Apple website.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
WingCommander Games, Nexus, Homeworld 2, StarWolves, EV Nova, StarTrek Games, StarWars Games (there are dozens), Sins of a Solar Empire, Haegemonia, I-War, Halo Games, Mass Effect...

always playing something in outer space  :)

not to mention all these mods for those games :lol:
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline Mika

Wing Commander I - did this a couple of years ago, took a little bit of creative use with DOS 6 bootdisk, RAMDRIVE.SYS and editing the CONFIG.SYS... But I got it working with 1200 MHz Pentium in DOS 6.22 and it was still playable! Nevermind that I had to save the progress manually to 1.44" disk from RAMDRIVE each time I stopped playing... and saving it to the RAMDRIVE each time I booted up...  The best thing being that I don't even recall the reason why I didn't use DOSBOX, maybe it had something to with sound or overall speed.

Wing Commander II - I haven't even tried to bring it here from home. Played enough of it during those years.

Freespace I and II
It is a couple of years of since I last played Freespace. I'm still waiting the motivition to create the campaign, that literally disappered in the binary space a couple of years ago when I lost all the missions I had created thus so far.

Then there are a couple of less known games like:
Darklight Conflict and Flying Saucer, both of them quite good, though former somewhat lacking in the graphics department. Flying Saucer you can find from Home of the Underdogs. It was an amusing game, which was never shipped, unfortunately.

Mika
Relaxed movement is always more effective than forced movement.

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Homeworld 1 and 2, Homeworld Cataclysm, Sins of a Solar Empire, EV Nova, Freespace 1 and 2, Halo 1, and Battleships Forever.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL