Author Topic: <this is not a critical error> HELP!  (Read 3462 times)

Offline Mura

• Shadow lurker
<this is not a critical error> HELP!
ok, when playing multiplayer no one has been able to tell me why this happens... but every time i finish a missions my stats wont save because aparently the server times out when requesting to save stats...

it says something like:
<server waiting period too long, server timed out>
<stats probably didn't saved>
<this is not a critical error>

what can i do? i know the 3.6.10 its coming and all that, but that's going to take a long while! so i would like to save stats on my character while that happens, it's getting rather annoying to have that message everytime i finish the missions  :mad:
Signed, me

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Re: <this is not a critical error> HELP!
Play with 3.6.10 stats are suppose to save if you don't use the MediaVP's.  I won't even think of playing 3.6.9 anymore.  What's the point.  If you keep playing it you'll keep running into the same old bugs that may or may not be fixed.  At least with a recent 3.6.10 build you know weather or not they should be fixed and can report them so they can be fixed. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
Can people in 3.6.10 see 3.6.9 games?

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Last I heard no which is a good thing.  All 3.6.10 builds should be able to see each other if they are newer or have the config file.  My personal opinion would be to use the latest build unless there is some major problem then fall back to the last build known to work.  Right now thought we need to come up with a better last know one then the XT 3/14 which while good is over 3 months old. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
I don't plan on going to 3.6.10 until there is a complete release

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Why?  Were only talking about the exe not updating the media files or anything else.  It's not like you can't just switch back to 3.6.9 for single.  Basically your using a 3.6.10 exe with retail data. 

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
Cause everything works just fine for me on 3.6.9?

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
So you don't run into any multiplayer bugs?  No invincible AI ships when a player drops?  No gun select changing on respawn?   No support ship problems?  No crash when trying to respawn? 

That's just a quick list of ones that I've reported that have been fixed. 

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
I got a support bug problem one time, i just aborted and re-asked.

But no, nothing worth doing a whole other build.

Offline Mura

• Shadow lurker
well, the deal is that it's only ME the one that gets that error, no one else seems to get that, and it's not like i have much of a choice when playing since i depend on who's hosting to play either 3.6.9 or 3.6.10 and since the hosts that usually do with 3.6.10 haven't been around lately i am stuck in 3.6.9.... do you see where im going?  :doubt:

I just wonder what causes the server to not take my stats, because it's probably something on my end, since no one else seems to encounter this problem anymore ( i remember... i think Flint was the only other with this problem, but for him it solved on it's own) so any clues why this happens?
Signed, me

Offline Angelus

• The Angriest Angel
ok, when playing multiplayer no one has been able to tell me why this happens... but every time i finish a missions my stats wont save because aparently the server times out when requesting to save stats...

it says something like:
<server waiting period too long, server timed out>
<stats probably didn't saved>
<this is not a critical error>

what can i do? i know the 3.6.10 its coming and all that, but that's going to take a long while! so i would like to save stats on my character while that happens, it's getting rather annoying to have that message everytime i finish the missions  :mad:

Have that too with BtrL.
The second game usually save stats.
What's freakin' me out is, that fs2net is STEALING my stats.
I had 4400 kills as i started today, after the second game we played i had 3987, although i had 10 kills in that game. :mad:
That is now the second time that error occurs, the first time i lost 100kills ( 40 from the game we played, and 60 where subtracted from my total kills. :mad:

btw, the guy i played with is now killboard leader, after his second game with 4294967293 kills and 4294967295
assists.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
If the host doesn't restart the game between every mission in 3.6.9 the stats update from the stats of the first game.  So if you have say 50 kills before you play at all, the server plays one game and you get 25 kills FS2netD will show 75 then the host starts another game and you only get 5 kills FS2netD will now show 55 so you just lost 30 kills.  It's fixed in 3.6.10 as of the XT 10-07/07 build.

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
All work on 3.6.9 compatible FS2NetD has stopped.  Actually, it stopped a long time ago.  Other than keeping it running until 3.6.10 ships officially I refuse to do any work on a totally broken setup.  So no bug fixes or anything else.  I don't care whether it's eating stats, erasing your pilot, causing global warming, or making your nose hairs grow 100x faster.  

In other words, if you have a problem with 3.6.9, you're on your own.  I'm ignoring all 3.6.9 related FS2NetD bugs and any bug Mantis'd will be closed as a won't fix.

Offline Angelus

• The Angriest Angel
didn't know that the 3.6.9 support ( FS2net server-wise ) has been stopped already.

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
didn't know that the 3.6.9 support ( FS2net server-wise ) has been stopped already.
Yep, about a year ago now.  At that time the new FS2NetD code used in 3.6.10 builds was about 9 months old already.  The 3.6.9 server will stay in place for mods only until 3.6.10 ships, then it will be shut down after a couple of months and everyone will have to move to 3.6.10.

About 40% of all of the 3.6.9 bugs are all client-side anyway, so there is no way to fix them without putting out new 3.6.9 releases, which we aren't going to do.  The other 60% of the 3.6.9 bugs are just design issues and can't be fixed without a rewrite.  That's why what went into 3.6.10 amounted a total rewrite of FS2NetD.

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
Well since wading through the SCP forum looking for a good 3.6.10 build is like learning a new language, 3.6.9 will do for me until an official 3.6.10 release.

Offline Mura

• Shadow lurker
ah well, that's all i needed to hear, hahahaha

Sorry to cause you trouble, man.... then i'll just have to get used to it for more annoying it gets... THANKS A LOT!  :D
Signed, me