Author Topic: Release: GTD Daegon  (Read 6596 times)

That ship is......beautiful :(
'yo my domestic skillets, who put swarm torpedoes on the Tev bombers?'
~Nighteyes

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Nice! :D

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Ack, I just asked about getting the Auriga textures for the Orion and the Daegon, but NOW I want THOSE textures you just posted. :lol:
Oh well...when given the option between two good choices, pick BOTH. :nod:

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I spent a little bit of time and re-textured this using tiles I improved and have been using for al my major ships.

All textures have been replaced and that's my re-textured Whitehall installation called the GTI Zavaro in the backgroud which is the headquarters of the 21st Battle Group.  :D Notice the lighted runway ;)

Wow, that retexture is really sharp. Nice.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Seems to be missing shine and normal maps, however.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Thanks all :)

The shine map is there just you cannot see the shine at this angle. I did in fact had a normal map for my tile textures and they did work to a point. While everything is fine for a couple of ships, having like 12 or more ships using these tiles with normals tends to get screwed up by the VP's as I believe they cannot handle all these normal tiles being used up to and beyond 100 times.

When I took the normals out for the tiles, everything works just fine in game as you can see in this shot. Lastly, the normals did not offer much of an improvement over what you see here anyway. The only way a normal would benefit these ships is by using a dedicated UV mapped texture.

Got Shivans? The SOC Ezechiel is the schnitzel! Don't leave base without it.

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
Jadehawk, since you're here, how are the maps for those fighters and bomber comming along?

sent ya secret message ;)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Hmm.  Looks somewhat like the GTDn Bastion.

Incidentally, were the United Space missions ever released?

*wonders if anyone will know what I'm talking about*
I know what you're talking about. :D

To verify;

It looks really retro, like one of those ships made in the early days of FS2 modding. Just with a lot more polies. Melikes.

That said, United Space was the campaign with the 'parasite' ships, right? The fugly star shaped green things...? I don't think it was released but honestly I can't say I'm too interested in it.

I could release this with the given textures too. But I also was gonna release a big file that has a bunch of textures I created and/or modified.

That way, you all can mess around and create them to your taste. :)

Decent looking ship. Not really to my taste but can't be faulted for that. Not much anyway.

Yeah I remember united space Goober. That had the GTXDn Bastion or somesuch, right? Don't think there was ever a release.
Watch out for the Guns! They'll getcha!

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
Too bad really , though the pic was tiny it certainly looked interesting...
I forgot the story but I think Blackdove mentioned it was ICEFIRE who was supposed to work on the mesh before teh project got abandoned..
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I spent a little bit of time and re-textured this using tiles I improved and have been using for al my major ships.

All textures have been replaced and that's my re-textured Whitehall installation called the GTI Zavaro in the backgroud which is the headquarters of the 21st Battle Group.  :D Notice the lighted runway ;)

Not so fond of the reskin of the destroyer, but I'd really like to get my hands on that Whitehall retexture.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story