Author Topic: Mix and match interface model use?  (Read 1220 times)

Offline Solatar

Mix and match interface model use?
I'm wondering if it's possible to "selectively" use models for interface art. My problem is that I want to use icons for weapons and ship selection, but instead of the .pcx "top down" view I'd like the 3D rotation used.

My specific circumstance is that I'm using the freespace 1 interface icons for all weapons and ships in my copy of the Port.

Is it also possible to change the color of the "brackets" around the weapons slots and the lines that go to the firing points?

Is it possible to do any of these things already? Or would they require code changes?

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
Re: Mix and match interface model use?
one thing id like to see is color coded icons for when you use the split bank compatibility, so that when youre going through weapons you can see which ones are compatable with each individual bank. if bank 1 can take swarmers, and bank 2 can take trebs and bank 3 bombs, would be nice if the brackets for those banks would be assigned some color, for example grey, green, yellow, respectively. then when you scroll through available weapons, your swarmers would be shown with grey background and/or outline, trebs would show up as green, and helios and cyclops would be yellow. just something to make split weapon compatability less confusing for the player.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN