Author Topic: United Earth VS GTVA  (Read 63032 times)

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
or Alpha 1 DIES at the end of the campaign!

AND YES, THERE IS ALREADY ONE CAMPAIGN WHERE THE PLAYER DIES AT THE END, SO THAT'S DEFINITLY POSSIBLE!!!

Obviously, Goober knew what he was doing back in DEM. :D
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
or Alpha 1 DIES at the end of the campaign!

AND YES, THERE IS ALREADY ONE CAMPAIGN WHERE THE PLAYER DIES AT THE END, SO THAT'S DEFINITLY POSSIBLE!!!
I think he means the canon campaign...
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Oh yeah, Apocalypse... :p

I wonder if there will be any subspace wars. ;7
My blog

MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline eliex

Obviously, Goober knew what he was doing back in DEM. :D

BTW has anyone EVER completed the last mission of DEM? My last try was just so close . . .

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
No. I gave up on it. :(
My blog

MP-Ryan

Offline eliex

My last try was so frustrating that I totally gave up on DEM.
Here it is, somehow, I press [1] and the Iceni jumps out. Then elated I press alt-J . . . forgetting to do the break-self-destruct code. So I died.  :(

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
That's one reason to dislike Goober: because he makes annoying stuff. :D

Still. I liked parts of it. Now let's get back on topic.

I'm looking at the UEF's Railguns. They have this massive shockwave that makes them pretty dangerous. I've ever tried firing the Colossal Railguns in AoA before, and it can destroy a Lilith in five shots.
My blog

MP-Ryan

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
But since the UEF has no beams, that means that they couldn't kill a Lucifer in direct combat, like the GTVA could.

When I played the campaign, in the last mission the Karuna actually reduced the Raynor destroyer (forget the name)'s hull to 63% and did a lot of damage to the other capships before being destroyed
Sig censored by people with no sense of humor

Hey, Darius, mind if i use those railgun effects?
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
I wonder if there will be any subspace wars.
And the subspace node collapses again?
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
The thing about Railguns, however, is that they're energy weapons, so they cannot be shot down, even though they do more damage than Cyclops torpedoes.
My blog

MP-Ryan

Offline Darius

When I played the campaign, in the last mission the Karuna actually reduced the Raynor destroyer (forget the name)'s hull to 63% and did a lot of damage to the other capships before being destroyed

That's pretty cool. If there had been a way to FRED it, I would have made it go down fighting this way. Going down kicking butt not because it's overpowered for its size, but because of its fighting spirit.

All effects can be used elsewhere, except for the BTRL effects for which I got permission (the explo3 explosion graphic, and dabrain's purple explosion flare), which you'll need to approach them for.

Offline eliex

The Karuna is definitely a tough nut to crack from what I've gathered. I sure hope the rest of the UE isn't that hard . . .  :nervous:

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
The Karuna is definitely a tough nut to crack from what I've gathered. I sure hope the rest of the UE isn't that hard . . .  :nervous:

...actually, I hope that the rest of the UEF is harder to crack, otherwise there won't be much of a war.
My blog

MP-Ryan

Offline eliex

Guess Earth takes armour over firepower  :)

Offline Harbinger of DOOM

• Three fries short of a Happy Meal.
Oh they got firepower too.
aldo_14 ~ "The ego has landed."
an0n ~ "Wheee, I can spam and no-one will notice!"

They Karuna can sensably have more armor, speed, and weapons than other ships of it's size due to the fact that it has that spinning thing. It produces a lot of power, a greatly negates the need for artificial gravity, which i would think takes a lot of power.

BTW, Steve-O/ Darius, are you planning to add any more to the federal fighters and bombers?
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline Darius

Probably not. The list is pretty complete as it is, and the number of weapons Earth gets should generate enough fun for the player and offset the need for more fighters.

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
What about the Lao Tze?