Author Topic: Ship Mod Database Page  (Read 11510 times)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
yeah, reskins are great. just add a new section.
:doubt:

what" i meant the good ones like the Eris, Plato and stuff.
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Sorry, I misread the post...

I really need to learn how to read sometime.

heh, maybe i can add my perseus reskin (it just makes the perseus look SOC black. with messed up shinemaps so it looks really dirty... pretty good actually).

:bump:

Uhm, any more work on this? I might be able to help this week, since i have absolutely NOTHING to do...

Re: Ship Mod Database Page
It's done.

I miss anything? (besides credits all over the place)
http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/index.php/User-made_Ships

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
GTI Asteria added to wiki
http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/index.php/GTI_Asteria

Can someone please spell-check and add it up to the main list of user-made ships?
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

GTI Asteria added to wiki
http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/index.php/GTI_Asteria

Can someone please spell-check and add it up to the main list of user-made ships?

I'll edit it into the main page.

While people are spell checking this entry. Can someone spell check the other 200 I added over the past two days? hahahhaa

EDIT - oh I gave the Asteria a once over. Corrected a few spelling mistakes, etcetera.

Btw. People:

The only time you use an apostrophe with "IT" is when you're contracting "IT IS". So whenever you type "it's", just say that sentence to yourself again except use "it is" and if it doesn't work, don't put it in there. You don't use an apostrophe for possessive.

Ie
"That's its ball."  = correct

whereas

"That's it's ball" = INCORRECT

while

"My word, it's hot outside" = correct because you can do "My word, it is hot outside"

That's everyone's grammar lesson for today.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 09:16:16 pm by Akalabeth Angel »

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
The GTL Anemoi - its original name is "GTMv Krom", and it's made by Trashman.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Can't we just use the Category:User-Made Ships for this?
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Categories aren't as convenient to browse though.
You have to go into subcategories (or have them all in one with only alphabetical sorting), instead of having it all on one page and sorted properly.

Think of it like a "List of _____" page in wikipedia - the links there are in the category, but the list provides additional sorting/arranging to make browsing easier.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Can't we just use the Category:User-Made Ships for this?

Well if click on the that link off of any ship page it'll go there anyway. Personally I like to view things by ship type not by alphabetical prefix.