Author Topic: Problem with German SCP  (Read 1657 times)

Problem with German SCP
Hello @ all,
i am by a friend now and he has a little problem with engl. language.
In English settings the game works properly, but when i set in the registry language @ German then i don't see any @ the radar and i don't see with weapon selected. German hotfix installed.

Now i set back to engl. remove hotfix and works fine again 3.6.9+3.6.10.

What can i do that the game work properly in german ?

Greetings Peter

ps: forum search for "German" no results.

Re: Problem with German SCP
I can confirm this problem.

Please download the attachment and extract it into your mediavps Folder.

It contains the german font files, you can see ships on the radar and your selected weapons, now. Furthermore you have ä, ö and ü.
The "official" german hotfix is included in this package aswell, so you need only this file.

[attachment deleted by ninja]
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 05:53:50 pm by Deepstar »
Shivan here, Shivan there, Shivan everywhere.

My english isn't very well, so sorry for a few mistakes.

FreeSpace Let's Plays on my Channel:
| The Great War | Silent Threat | Operation Templar | Silent Threat: Reborn | Shivans - Phantoms | Shivans - Echo Gate | Shrouding the Light: Origins | Shrouding the Light | Cardinal Spear | Cardinal Spear: Vega | Awakenings | The Destiny of Peace | Between the Ashes: Mefistofele

Offline DaBrain

• Screensniper
    • Shadows of Lylat board
Thanks for the heads up. I'll take a look at it.

Still, it would be nice to have this problem in Mantis, so I don't forget about it.

Including the german font files is not an option for MV 3.6.10, as it would overwrite the english ones...

@Deepstar Hey, are you Deepstar from Station-Network? ;)
--------------------------------------------------
SoL is looking for a sound effect artist
Please PM me in case you want to apply
---------------------------------
Shadows of Lylat - A Freespace 2 total conversion
(hosted by Game-Warden)
----------------------------------

Including the german font files is not an option for MV 3.6.10, as it would overwrite the english ones...

I know. But he want change the english version into a german, so he can use the font files. I test it with a few missions (german & english and with 3.6.9 and 3.6.10) and found no errors so far :). But of course it's better to remove the hotfix again, when you change the Language back to english.
But with german registry entry and german fonts it's the same as he would install the SCP on a german retail.

edit: huh, my "hotfix" has an error. Freespace doesn't recognized the .tbm in this vp  :confused:. Updated the archive :)

@Deepstar Hey, are you Deepstar from Station-Network? ;)

Yep
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 05:55:46 pm by Deepstar »
Shivan here, Shivan there, Shivan everywhere.

My english isn't very well, so sorry for a few mistakes.

FreeSpace Let's Plays on my Channel:
| The Great War | Silent Threat | Operation Templar | Silent Threat: Reborn | Shivans - Phantoms | Shivans - Echo Gate | Shrouding the Light: Origins | Shrouding the Light | Cardinal Spear | Cardinal Spear: Vega | Awakenings | The Destiny of Peace | Between the Ashes: Mefistofele

Hello Deepstar,
thanks a lot. i will try this now.
and this will be my next short tutorial for my Website: www.chaostroopers.de ;))
i think you know me now (our e-mail contact)

Greetings Peter