Author Topic: Looking for someone with ideas for campaigns  (Read 8387 times)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Re: Looking for someone with ideas for campaigns
Title of the campaign; 'Indestructible'
It followed just after the end of the Capella node being sealed off. Just 1 year with all the fleets still barely recovering from damage, a new threat emerges.
An unknown race suddenly appears from nowhere, attacking unrelentlessly, and they have joined forces with Vasudans against the human race. The human race now faces extinction but the gateway to Sol and Delta Serpentis has been restabilised by the GTA on the other side due to their own advances in technology, bring mankinds salvation into GTVA space to throw the tide of the war against the Vasudans and the Asurans.

Turns out that the Vasudans made contact with the Asurans long ago during the Great War between the Terrrans and Vasudans and the Asurans promised to assist the Vasudans, but just at that time the Terran War ended and the shivans came and the treaty was signed between Vasudans and Terrans, and the new political movement in Vasuda ceased contact with Asurans and never released the knowledge of the Asurans to the terrans, but now with new power in Vasudan Parliament, they believe the fault of the shivan onslaught lay with the terrans and their warmongering, and they want to obliterate humanity from existence alongside the Asurans.
Now with the Shivans out of the way, the Asurans and Vasudans want to crush humanity - but they'll learn that although humans die, and ships are destroyed, humanity is INDESTRUCTIBLE.
Missions would involve defense of fleets, large-scale engagements, several new weapons and the new Asuran forces, as well as orbital bombardment
Ahh... I remember that thing... Good old campaign concept, just too bad we never got anywhere with the thing. I was sad to see its demise.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
The GTA fixing the node is a brand new concept that i'd fully intend to rip-off if my campaign was in the canon timeline.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Angelus

• The Angriest Angel
NTV looks dead.

Last news on the site was made in 2003????

IT's been in development for an eternity. Maybe you're better off looking for a project that shows more life....

FS2 mods/ games don't die, they hibernate 'till someone comes and start/ continue to work on 'em.

Well i thought that if the GTA fixed the node, that saves the hassle of making a GTVA knossos, plus it is a fresh concept.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Just a suggestion no need to shoot it down so heavily.

And no they're not like Mk 2 Shivans , and wouldnt be low poly BoE syndrome.

Think more along the lines of a machine race. One type of fighter, one type of bomber, and only 3 or 4 different types of capital ships, and hit the enemy en masse. The plot i just gave was a 'bare bones' outline, and it would be anything BUT an 'alpha 1 here to save the day' campaign.

But anyway feel free to make your presumptions and assumptions.  It was just an idea i thought up ages ago, nothing more.

Eh, sorry about that... the "Missions would involve defense of fleets, large-scale engagements..." part just made it feel like it'd all sound like BoE.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline dANGER boy

• New and improved, v2.0
    • Vortex Research & Design
Ok, so a lot of ideas have been thrown around.  I'm willing to look into some of this stuff.  NTV looks promising, so we'll see.  If you want to talk, its probably better to contact me at one of my Instant Messenger accounts.  I update my profile so you should just be able to get them from there.  I am not very reliable when it comes to checking e-mail but you'll definately find me at the IM accounts.

:yes:
[21:39] * Now talking in #hard-light
[21:39] <Zacam> Dear. God.
[21:39] * dANGER_boy is now known as God
[21:39] <God> Yes, I'm here
[21:39] <Zacam> I'd like to file a bug report.
[21:40] * thesizzler is now known as Jesus
[21:40] <Jesus> sup
[21:40] <God> Check with my secretary.
[21:40] <Jesus> hey dad
[21:40] <Zacam> Regarding the INANE flaws in human intelligence and the equality (or disparity) therof.
[21:40] * God points at Jesus
[21:40] * mura is now known as WhitePidgeon
[21:40] <+WhitePidgeon> kuuuuu

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
NTV looks dead.

Last news on the site was made in 2003????

IT's been in development for an eternity. Maybe you're better off looking for a project that shows more life....

Uhm, actually... it hasn't been in development SINCE 2003. The staff split up, the board was archived.

I urged Goober to re-open the board, since we do have a demo out, for discussion, tech support and publicity. I've also been stirring up a little interest to see if anyone wanted to pick it up again, and it might be paying off. You see...

The Hard Light Administrators buried this knowledge, but I resurrected it. I alone realized our campaign had no future with the team. If we are to survive, our destiny must lie elsewhere.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
The Hard Light Administrators buried this knowledge, but I resurrected it. I alone realized our campaign had no future with the team. If we are to survive, our destiny must lie elsewhere.
:lol:

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Didn't Mobius patent the whole void of spam thing?

I have tons of ideas.

One of mine is to fly as the Shivans during the events of FS2
Sig censored by people with no sense of humor

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
...or the NTF? ;7
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Pfft, like that's any fun.

I have a couple of dual-viewpoint campaign ideas, but those are actually being worked on, so none for you.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

the reconstruction ere could really use some more campaigns. A few of them only really deal with immediatly after the GW, and the rest like Sync and Homesick really aren't in that time period.
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline Droid803

I thought you were doing one about the re-unification...
(´・ω・`)

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
I'm so rusty in actually playing FS2 now that I restarted the first mission of the NTV demo close to 10 times (dying and menu-restarting) just to get all the objectives accomplished...

But I died in the second mission anyhow :lol: :blah:

:warp:

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
I've just taken over NTV and decided to reduce the importance of my role in the ED team in a severe way to compensate.

Before you ask I have always been quite interested on the NTF and many of my first FRED attempts were about the NTF from its point of view...if you look at my first posts in Skippy's CL thread you'll notice a small NTF related solo project later abandoned by me.

Galemp contacted me following the creation of that thread on NTV's public forum. We used AIM to talk a bit and then I decided to join him by sacrificing my role in the ED team. I want to be serious and honest in situations like this so I preferred to be clear and say that I can't work on INFA, the FSCRP, NTV, ED, Steadfast and so on at the same time. Steadfast and other minor projects are on hold and I can't find time for the FSCRP...

My motto when speaking of badges and projects is "Quality over quantity". I prefer to be part of a limited number of projects and work on them in a satisfying way rather than join many projects in an inconclusive way. I want to work hard and earn each of the badges I have...when I look at them here on HLP I want to do it with satisfaction...  :D

Back to the main subject, I'd like to say that during the discussion I realized the plans for the beginning of NTV match almost perfectly an old NTF mission of mine(separate from that small project) and this led me to become even more motivated than I originally was.

NTV is looking for members, mostly FREDders, due to the fact that the campaign is about the NTF rebellion and most(if not all) ships and weapons come straight from FS2. As soon as we get more people we'll start plotting a campaign that may not necessarily match the old one. Until then I'll continue to work on INFA and possibly on the FSCRP to have more free time in the future...I'll also think of how to manage NTV.

Since I want to release something I'm planning to divide the campaign in parts of 10-15 missions and release them separately. This will prevent the development from taking too long(people are more motivated when the to-do-list isn't long).

Our standards aren't high and unreachable...if you're a FREDder willing to help contact me or Galemp. Don't be afraid if your FREDding isn't great, I'll help you out with it...  :)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Droid803

Alright, I'll help out with FREDding.
I've been considering it for a while, actually, since the moment Galemp said it was up for grabs.
My three personal campaigns are in the testing phase or are near completion, and AG is on hiatus until BlueLion comes back, so provided I don't get too much schoolwork, I can help out. :)

I hope I'm not signing on for too much  :nervous:
(´・ω・`)

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Good to know. :)

May I have a mission designed by you? :D
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

What about a what if scenario? What if destroying the node failed and the second shivan invasion occured? this opens many possibilities in terms of plot. The shivans could crush all human-vasudan colonies or the there could be a third race that intervenes. Or worst case scenario, shivans destroy everything and human-vasudans are forced to hide out and live somewhere secluded. Think sort of like battlestar galactica, but instead of looking for earth, they settle on a single planet. This is all just off the top of my head so its all pretty rough. but the possibilities are endless.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Or the GTVA finds another way to bring down the Lucifer.

For instance, bringing the WHOLE fleet together. EVERYTHING. and throwing everything at it. I doubt even the Lucifer could survive that (will all the different weapon that work on different principles...times the number of shots..something tells me the Lucifer can't generate as much power as a whole GTVA fleet)
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!