Author Topic: [RELEASE] Diaspora: Shattered Armistice v1.0 (Windows, Mac & Linux)  (Read 854796 times)

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Re: [RELEASE] Diaspora: Shattered Armistice v1.0 (Windows, Mac & Linux)
Vpview used to be able to as well.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Does FRED have the ability to play the soundfile itself? If not it could be a neat feature.

FRED2_Open can definitely play soundfiles that aren't in a VP. It didn't used to be able to play ones in a VP, but I think that was fixed. Problem is that I only ever open up FRED for development so I have no idea whether it works now.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
FRED2_Open can definitely play soundfiles that aren't in a VP. It didn't used to be able to play ones in a VP, but I think that was fixed. Problem is that I only ever open up FRED for development so I have no idea whether it works now.

It appears that this has indeed been fixed.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Hi,

I am running into this problem when starting the mod on Knossos 0.14.1 on Ubuntu 20.04:

https://fsnebula.org/log/5ed21a90cb0d3321aec98639

As such a bug occurs when running Aerilon is Burning as well this may come from Diaspora?

Ideas?

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Well this appears to be caused by you running the German version. But I'm kind of mystified as to what is the problem with it. You can probably solve it if you switch to English for now but I would like to see if I can track down the error.

Works in English. THX

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
It's a broken line is present in the strings.tbl since the version included in the original root_fs2.vp - or at least that's what I managed to run down. It should be exclusive the the german localisation.

I guess Diaspora, like TBP, just imported that by accident.
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Scratch that different line, same problem:

Quote from: Diaspora
1117, "\r\n"Kein Web-Browser gefunden. Entweder ist keiner installiert, oder \r\nder vorhandene ist nicht als Standard-Browser eingestellt.\r\n\r\n"

should be

Quote from: from retail
1117, "\r\nKein Web-Browser gefunden. Entweder ist keiner installiert, oder \r\nder vorhandene ist nicht als Standard-Browser eingestellt.\r\n\r\n"

It's those quotation marks.
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Ah. I only looked at line 1118 since the game appeared to have parsed 1117 correctly if it wasn't saying 1118 was the problem.

Thanks.

If there are no other outstanding bugs in Diaspora, I'll bump the release with a fix for this error.

Offline Toranks

How can I change the language to Spanish? According to the topic, the menus are translated, but even if I put it in Spanish, it still recognizes it as if it were in English. In fact, switching to French is no problem. (in the file fs2_open.ini)