Author Topic: Those special FreeSpace moments...  (Read 46635 times)

Offline MC_Kejml

• Drinks Kool-aid
Re: Those special FreeSpace moments...
Seeing the Lucifer destroy the Arcadia in FS1 in 2 easy shots. I was like :(

Psamtik destroyed. I thought like 3 Saths came!!

First appearance of the Ravana and Sath. Their blurry target view render and unknown size at that time gave me the creeps.

Flames of war dream mission, which was badly scripted. The sath simply fried me and I was like "Ok......?"

BUT!!

Sync. I nearly thought the missions are generated automatically, or I don't know... The sheer awesomeness got me ape-s_it about it.

Transcend. First time I flinched at a space sim.

First appearance of the Ravana and Sath. Their blurry target view render and unknown size at that time gave me the creeps.

Flames of war dream mission, which was badly scripted. The sath simply fried me and I was like "Ok......?"

I think you're thinking of the dream mission from my campaign Meditations rather than FoW. A mission which I played through, about 20 times, and never got hit by the Sath and yet when I give it to other people they get hit by the beams. Never understood myself. Some things work fine on one person's computer, and don't work at all on someone else's.

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Syn and Transcend were the first mod's i played that managed to get me on my toes and looking over my shoulder like a drugdealer on sellins spree in a police ocupied room :))))

Lol those campaign are just creepy at times they scared the living lights out of me and managed to get me to age 1 whole year in ode day.

I LOVE THEM!!!

The first time i saw the Ravana was like......."ok.....wtf is that and how can it destroy a corvette so fast....who cares im outta here ....alt+j"

The sath was like "oh for the love of jessica alba what did they bring now a ravana on a 10 year steroid cure..." I was actualy thinking "command get me the hell outta here ...."
Die shivan die!!
Then jumps into his apple stealth pie and goes of to war.What a brave lad....what a brave lad say the ladies in red.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

This is Bunny . Copy  Bunny  into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Offline tinfoil

• i'm 13 remember
The Duct Tape conversation in Derelict and the opening cutscene of FS1

Transcend to be honest has little to no effect on me but it's still a great campaign
Alcibades' Gamble - We Love Our Ice Cream

Everything you need to know, and more can be found at The Freespace Wiki

The first time i saw the Ravana was like......."ok.....wtf is that and how can it destroy a corvette so fast....who cares im outta here ....alt+j"

The sath was like "oh for the love of jessica alba what did they bring now a ravana on a 10 year steroid cure..." I was actualy thinking "command get me the hell outta here ...."

What? YOU'RE NOT ALPHA 1! You can't retire from a fight until you've single handedly won the war! Running is for Kappa wing.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Getting lost in nebulae is for Kappa wing. :p

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Koth's words and his consequent death.

The hull breaches in "Love the Treason...".

"Dive! Dive! Dive!" in "Into the Lion's Den".
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Me parking myself underneath the GVCv Asar and shooting down its weapons subsystem. That's the only time I managed to do that in a Myrmidon with 63% hull.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Completing the Shivan Gauntlet (FS1) on Hard. :nod:

I was blowing up Scorpions left and right, and I screamed "I AM A FIGHTING GOD!!" at one point.

Offline terran_emperor

• 7 Impossible Requests Before Breakfast
  • Kane Live in Death
Deus Ex Machina
Just Another Day
Just Another Day 2: Electric Boogaloo
Just Another Day 3: Shivans on a Plane

Moments from these campaigns are far too many to mention in a single thread so ill just put the campaign names as umbrellas
e = m csarged - Relativity according to Sarge [Red vs Blue]

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP's only Goro Naya (Great Leader) fan

"I really wasn't expecting this much losership"

"Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand: How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

HLP Brit

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
This line:

"Looks like the defecation is about to hit the ventilation." :wakka:
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
This line:

:lol:

Imagine the scene...
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Snail

• SC 5
This line:

:lol:

Imagine the scene...

:ick:

I'd rather not to be honest.

Offline MC_Kejml

• Drinks Kool-aid

I think you're thinking of the dream mission from my campaign Meditations rather than FoW. A mission which I played through, about 20 times, and never got hit by the Sath and yet when I give it to other people they get hit by the beams. Never understood myself. Some things work fine on one person's computer, and don't work at all on someone else's.

Could be. I wasn't really sure which campaign it was in, but something told me it was FoW... Well, sorry then and kudos to you :) It was a great idea.

The hull breaches in "Love the Treason...".
Yeah, that was great. I really didn't know what was happening or what I had to do, so I hit my burners and tried to get away as far as possible.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
''Oh my word, this is unusual, wot wot," thought I.

Offline Silent Warrior

• My thoughts go where no one knows to tread.
Hm... The first time I played through the game, the "DIVE DIVE DIVE!"-thing just... well, I just plain dove and hit my burners. Didn't know what was supposed to hit me until the next playthrough. Of course, THAT time I was just staring at the Satahanas going "Shiiiii-"SPLAT. I think I tried a climb once, too. Don't do that. GOOOOD moment.

It was rather a while since I played FS1/2 [asbestos-suit put on], so I don't remember much. I COMPLETELY LOVED the feeling in FS1 before you had shield-piercing weaponry. See, I knew it was bound to turn around at some point...? Um. Anyway, I now remember the mission with McCarthy handing the Avenger-plans to the Vasudans special for some reason.

I'll try to create a mission some day with a really special moment in it. (Still haven't completed Blue Planet.)
I can't go home again until I find a stone a rose a door.
Choo choo, and that is the truth.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
This line:

Ah yes, the paraphrase of something vulgar. :)

I saw a screenshot of that line just after a Lucifer jumped in. Which campaign was it used in?
My blog

MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
That would be Derelict, with the line coming from the infamously duct-tape-hating Lt. Mackie.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Really? I haven't played past the third mission yet. I should soon.

On a thread-related note, ow. That pilot got his bottom handed to him. :shaking:
My blog

MP-Ryan