Author Topic: Some more highlights  (Read 28107 times)

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
I'm guessing that the title of this thread is also a hint... :nervous:
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
I went back and checked all the other images involved... but I couldn't find any hidden text

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I'm guessing that the title of this thread is also a hint... :nervous:
The title may have been a hint to "highlight" the image in order to view the text.  Just out of curiosity, though, where did this Isaac Stone address turn up from?

Offline terran_emperor

• 7 Impossible Requests Before Breakfast
  • Kane Live in Death
From here

Code: [Select]
mrozyczk@Aurora ~ $ cat tehkey
-----BEGIN PGP PRIVATE KEY BLOCK-----
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=ZMku
-----END PGP PRIVATE KEY BLOCK-----
mrozyczk@Aurora ~ $ gpg --import tehkey
gpg: key 33B38FBC: secret key imported
gpg: key 33B38FBC: public key "Isaac Stone <[email protected]>" imported
gpg: Total number processed: 1
gpg:               imported: 1  (RSA: 1)
gpg:       secret keys read: 1
gpg:   secret keys imported: 1
mrozyczk@Aurora ~ $ cat password
hUj-Ge!ru_AraS-e?ewrE=e3e+uru9r5w*he+u=W=yetAju9puCRe@ume$EwResT

mrozyczk@Aurora ~ $ gpg --decrypt password
gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.
gpg: decrypt_message failed: Unknown system error
mrozyczk@Aurora ~ $
However, I was able to test encryption/decryption using this key. The passphrase required to decrypt things is "God of Ohio State" - big surprise there.

Now, was that password from before the password to the archive from last week (still haven't gotten it to work for me, but the contents were posted, so meh), or have we yet to figure out what hUj-Ge!ru_AraS-e?ewrE=e3e+uru9r5w*he+u=W=yetAju9puCRe@ume$EwResT does?

Now the big mistery is "who is Isaac Stone"
e = m csarged - Relativity according to Sarge [Red vs Blue]

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP's only Goro Naya (Great Leader) fan

"I really wasn't expecting this much losership"

"Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand: How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

HLP Brit

Offline Rick James

• Scathed By Admins
A GTI bigwig, perhaps? Aadarsh could have included the encrypted text to point to the mailing address of a significant figure in the Hades project.

Boystrous 19 year old temp at work slapped me in the face with an envelope and laughed it off as playful. So I shoved him over a desk and laughed it off as playful. It's on camera so I can plead reasonable force.  Temp is now passive.

Offline terran_emperor

• Kane Live in Death
someone should try mailing him to see if there is a response

TRUE SHIVAN

"Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand: How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

HLP Brit

Offline Rick James

• Scathed By Admins
I've just tried that. It didn't bounce, which gives me some hope.

Boystrous 19 year old temp at work slapped me in the face with an envelope and laughed it off as playful. So I shoved him over a desk and laughed it off as playful. It's on camera so I can plead reasonable force.  Temp is now passive.

Offline MikeRoz

It will bounce. You can't have a .gta domain suffix.
Rave reviews of my previous posts:
"Wow.  Just wow.  Well, just about the whole post is devoid of reasonable technical merit and accuracy." -Enki
"Wow, he just wasted about an hour of his life." -MachManX
"There are 5 million things wrong with your post, of which many have already been pointed out..." -blackhole
"Grrr. Someone please monkey mike...He's causing more problems than he's solving" -terran_emperor
"You're not very bright, are you." - General Battuta

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
Goober says it's not a self contained puzzle

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
...maybe I'm being incredibly dense, but I still don't know exactly where that name/address came from.  Was it generated somehow as a result of the encryption scheme that I completely don't understand?  Or did someone stumble across it somewhere?

Offline terran_emperor

• Kane Live in Death
...maybe I'm being incredibly dense, but I still don't know exactly where that name/address came from.  Was it generated somehow as a result of the encryption scheme that I completely don't understand?  Or did someone stumble across it somewhere?

According to MikeRoz it was the result of his decryption of the code hidden in the picture

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP Brit

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Ah, okay.  Cryptography is one field I know absolutely nothing about, so I didn't pick up that much while skimming through those linked articles earlier.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
I have negative knowledge about cryptography either, so I won't be of much help either. :(
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline MikeRoz

According to MikeRoz it was the result of his decryption of the code hidden in the picture
No.

The text hidden in the picture is a private key, not an encrypted message. It can be used to decrypt messages encrypted with it. Encoded along with the key was the name of the user it belongs to. To use the key, you still need a passphrase, which fortunately is "The God of Ohio State".

We don't seem to have a message to decrypt using this key yet. I'm guessing we either have to find it (unlikely, people have already been pretty thorough) or we have to wait until next week to get a message to decrypt.
"Wow.  Just wow.  Well, just about the whole post is devoid of reasonable technical merit and accuracy." -Enki
"There are 5 million things wrong with your post, of which many have already been pointed out..." -blackhole
"Grrr. Someone please monkey mike...He's causing more problems than he's solving" -terran_emperor

Offline terran_emperor

• Kane Live in Death
oh...so where did "[email protected]" come from

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP Brit

Offline Nuclear1

From what I understand, a specific email account has a public and private key assigned to it--what MikeRoz has done is found the email address associated with the private key we found in the picture.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Rick James

• Scathed By Admins
What if "Isaac Stone" is part of the necessary login info?

Also, could I have a link to that "Holonet" site? I seem to have lost it.

Offline Nuclear1

http://holonet.hard-light.net/

I've also tried about a million and a half combinations with Isaac Stone and the info we currently have and have so far come up with nothing, but you're certainly willing to try.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.

Offline MikeRoz

See attached.

Code: [Select]
I think from now on I'm going to encrypt all my messages with Isaac Stone's public
key :D

Maybe we should make a thread in the general discussion forum, and have it all be
people from this subforum communicating using encrypted messages. Would be fun, no?

[attachment deleted by necromancer]
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 06:52:07 am by MikeRoz »

Offline Nuclear1

What does this mean?