Author Topic: Ideas for Weapon Names  (Read 17489 times)

EEIWP-297 - Jolly Roger

Emergency Electronic Information Warfare Protocol # 297.....

This special protocol authorises the use of the irreversible "Jolly Roger" virus first concieved by a media software engineer in the 90's used to thwart an attempted invasion by "disabling a motherships shields" :nervous:

Thus allowing a force of ancient atmospheric fighters to destroy the massive beam-ships, including one destroyed by being rammed by a drunken pilot.
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
GTW-16 Helix - The Helix is essentially a supersized rotating cannon equipped with eight GTW-5 Prometheus (Standard) or GTW-5a Prometheus (Retrofit) Cannons. When the fire button is pressed, the Helix discharges eight bolts of the equipped Prometheus Cannon - one from each - before rotating 1/16 clockwise while the guns recharge. When the fire button is held down, the Helix releases a spiral barrage of Prometheus Cannons at the same rate as a single Prometheus (Standard) Cannon. This makes the Helix Cannon very powerful - even more so than the GTW UD-8 Kayser. However, it also draws huge amounts of energy from the player's ship, equivalent to the combined energy drain of all Prometheus cannons equipped to it. In the event where the player is allowed to equip more than one primary weapon, it is advisable to either switch to single-fire mode, or use only this as a primary weapon, leaving the other mount empty.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

I hated that thing in Descent 2

Good thing they replaced it with the awesome Napalm and Microwave cannons in D3

Sig censored by people with no sense of humor

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog

It's interesting to note that most people didn't really like the weapons in D3, and all of them agree that the Helix is very powerful. I like the Microwave and EMD Launcher, but they're too weak. :rolleyes:

Speaking of which...

GVW-04 Akhenaton SDG - The Vasudan Akhenaton SDG is a fusion between the functions of the Lamprey, Circe, and Akheton SDG. A completely tactical weapon, the Akhenaton strips away shields as quickly as the Circe, saps gun and afterburner energy as well as the Lamprey, and delivers a slightly bigger punch to subsystems than the Akheton SDG. While the Akhenaton has been perfected to minimise energy damage, it still consumes much more energy than most standard-issue guns in service. It also has almost no effect on most hulls.
My blog

MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
The Akheton itself is originaly a Vasudan weapon.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
GTHCW Reckoner

The Galactic Terran Heavy Capital Weapon:

A capital sized version of the original great war era disruptor cannon :nervous: used to disable bombers or enemy installations (think hoth ion cannon but on an Orions nose)
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

It's interesting to note that most people didn't really like the weapons in D3, and all of them agree that the Helix is very powerful. I like the Microwave and EMD Launcher, but they're too weak.

I just didn't like how much energy the Helix used. Also the Microwave cannon is great for figuring out which game objects are destructible or not (that can come in handly a lot of times)
Sig censored by people with no sense of humor

GTHCW Reckoner

The Galactic Terran Heavy Capital Weapon:

A capital sized version of the original great war era disruptor cannon :nervous: used to disable bombers or enemy installations (think hoth ion cannon but on an Orions nose)

With a large enough inner and outer damage radius that thing would work...

One of the better ideas here IMHO, and a perfect replacement of beam cannons on ships labeled 'Police' in various mods.
'Teeth of the Tiger' - campaign in the making
Story, Ships, Weapons, Project Leader.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!

One of the better ideas here IMHO, and a perfect replacement of beam cannons on ships labeled 'Police' in various mods.

Tbh, I think a police cruiser would mount a mix of non-lethal and conventional weaponry.
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
The Reckoner would take up an Aeoulus' whole keel.

But i s'pose variants are possible.. ©

Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Advanced Shivan Cluster
Apparently an attempt by the Shivans to improve their ships' generally mediocre antifighter defense, the Advanced Shivan cluster seems to consist of a missile launcher and a number of beam mounts, usually only a couple per launcher at most. The advanced cluster fires a long-range missile that operates exactly like the old cluster missile, with one critical exception: the warhead on the scattered submunitions produces a blast of short-lived neutrinos that we can only barely detect. It does not appear to be harmful to Terran or Vasudan physiology, but we have been unable to alter standard shielding to repel it; the irradiation of a fighter hit by one of the cluster submunitions appears to "paint" them as a target for the beam emitters and will draw instant fire, suggesting an automated system. Efforts are underway to devise a means to spoof this system, but until then attacking Shivan warships equipped with it is best left to capital warships, against which the system does not appear to be effective.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Tbh, I think a police cruiser would mount a mix of non-lethal and conventional weaponry.

Guess what the Disruptor Cannon's hull damage is and how it compares to subsystem damage.

I'll give a clue: It's a less than lethal weapon. :p
'Teeth of the Tiger' - campaign in the making
Story, Ships, Weapons, Project Leader.

Guess what the Disruptor Cannon's hull damage is and how it compares to subsystem damage.

I'll give a clue: It's a less than lethal weapon. :p

Think of something with EMP effect, high shield damage and a good subsystem damage. A perfect non-lethal weapom.
And this ain't no ****. But don't quote me for that one. - Mika

I shall rrreach worrrld domination!

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
Actually what I meant was that you'd probably need to somehow make a cruiser specifically to be a police cruiser, and outfit it with both non-lethal and lethal weaponry, the problem being how to place its turrets such that both lethal and non-lethal have the same firing arcs.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Actually what I meant was that you'd probably need to somehow make a cruiser specifically to be a police cruiser, and outfit it with both non-lethal and lethal weaponry, the problem being how to place its turrets such that both lethal and non-lethal have the same firing arcs.

Maybe you'll have a standard non-lethal weapon but can set it that it becomes lethal...
And this ain't no ****. But don't quote me for that one. - Mika

I shall rrreach worrrld domination!

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Quote from: Command
Alpha, we are switching your weapons to training mode. Your guns and missiles will inflict superficial damage.

:P We already have that.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Actually, that was really "invinciblizing the stealth ships"
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
Yea ... Unless there's an SEXp that allows instant weapon switching.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
GTM-180B "Dissolver" - a penetrator missile that latches onto the hull and releases strong acids inside the fighter. tehy gradualyl eath trough it's internals, slowly damaging the craft.

GTW-100 "Massacrator" - the most powerful mass driver ever concived fires a large penetrator shell filled with antimatter. The antimater containment field is collapsed upon breaching the outer armor, resulting in a antimatter explosion inside the enemy craft.

GTW-99 "Brutalizer" - Also called "Death Rain" this is the fastest fireing weapon in the GTVA arsenal. Capable of more than 24000 shots a minute it literally causes the "death of a thousand cuts"

Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Actually, that was really "invinciblizing the stealth ships"

Correction. That was activating ship-invulnerable on both Alpha and Delta wings. :p
My blog

MP-Ryan