Author Topic: RELEASE: Sol: A History Upgraded  (Read 78872 times)

Re: RELEASE: Sol: A History Upgraded
Thanks, will try the FS1 HUD. Looking forward to the next version! I have to say, I really like the mission scripting and storytelling. A shame there are no voice-overs. Some missions I really struggle with on medium, me not being the best pilot around. I currently try to beat the one where you defend the Justice against pirates in the asteroid belt. My best take on it so far was to have Justice at 40% when the Lossow arrives and 1% when the Rhom came in.

Edit: Ha! Failed at it a hundred times, posted about it, made it on the next run!  :lol:
Justice survived with 3%. Phew!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 12:22:15 pm by Knecht Ruprecht »

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
Justice was served!
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

That mission "Scouring", where you defend the Formidable and have to destroy two cruisers' VLS? How is that supposed to work out? Tedious weaving in - shooting once, twice at a launcher - weaving out for like three hundred times? Or do I miss something there? My squadmates seem to be unable to do damage to the VLS (like, 0% damage over minutes) even when ordered  to attack the VLS subsystem or disarm the cruisers. I am already using that shotgun cannon, which seems to be the best choice for the task, but I always die because of concentrated AA fire.

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
The individual launchers are pretty weak, I just used the Aratrum and Peltasts to take them out.  Dive in, strafe an individual bank and speed out, rearming when needed.
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.