Author Topic: Sound FX  (Read 2187 times)

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
This is something I've been grappling with. Should I include the original FS1 sound effects for the old weapons (ML-16, Avenger, Banshee, etc.) or keep them as they were in Port 1.5? Adding the SFX would distinguish between the old and new weapons and add nostalgia; leaving them out would mean the sounds.tbl remains unmodified and makes the file slightly smaller.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Key words slightly and distinguishing.

Go for the gold. Sound FX Rock! :D
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Well Emperor,

Risk, er, Enhancement is you business if you wanna sit in that chair (;) ) Go for it!
Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide target selection !

ICQ#: 5256653
[email protected]

Projects: Gundam TC, Trek BTFF, REF, and Beyond Redemption
http://photo.starblvd.net/Star_Dragon

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
we must include them

Offline Hudzy

• Apollo Pilot
Maybe have two versions. One with 1.5 sounds. One with the modified tables but no sound files for those of us with FS1. And another with everything.

Ok, that's three. :nervous: *runs*

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
IT IS DONE.

Thread closed. :D
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...